In agony with pain on end of finger cant sleep

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,just wanted a wing as my hubby is snoring his head of and I'm in agony with my finger:cry:.
I'm not quite sure whats wrong but think it may be a whitlow thats all i can put it down to.Its throbbing like mad and the pain really hurts and i can take pain but this is stopping me from sleeping as iv got up its 3AM:zzz:.

Thers no puss coming out not really allot of colour change but a little swelling as started to appear,iv had a niggle for a couple of days with it around the side wall area but now its bloody killing me as the pain and throbbing is now down to my first nuckle:sad:. I must have pulled at a hang nail or something and i have been in allot of water cleaning these last couple of days so to me thats what its pointing at Paronychia,is there anything i should be doing to help it ease of this pain please?

definitley is paronychia..usually will happen through having a little nibble or a pick:lol:. I have had this before..heavily salted warm water soaks numerous times through out the day will help you. Should be gone quickly using this..if not then a doctor will be necessary. HTH:hug:

Thankyou MJ i will go and try this now as its doing my head in. May be then ill get some sleep,you wouldnt think something so small area can cause so much pain.Thanks for replying with your advice x

Sweet dreams mate..its almost lunch time over here!:hug:

That's the great thing about the web, there will always be someone on here who is up and awake.:)

Have you salt watered it yet?

Hope you have some relief from the pain.:hug:

ooh yes i remember how whitlows can hurt.I tried everything to get rid of mine from chemist and cupboard but had to have antibiotics in the end.I felt pathetic going to the docs with a sore finger but he said they are notoriously difficult to get rid of.

Here is what to do.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/5784-advice-broken-enhancement-nail-underneath.html

Sorry you are in pain. It will be over immediately if you follow the instructions.

Geeg I don't think it's a broken nail that's the problem here, but an inflammation ... mind that link is fab and everyone should read it anyway! :hug:

Zena I had what you are describing but on my toe. I actually used solaroil on it and it cleared within a day. Not sure if it ws just coincidence and would have healed anyway, but if you have some it's worth a try ... don't let the brush touch your skin in case it is infected.

Geeg I don't think it's a broken nail that's the problem here, but an inflammation ... mind that link is fab and everyone should read it anyway! :hug:

Zena I had what you are describing but on my toe. I actually used solaroil on it and it cleared within a day. Not sure if it ws just coincidence and would have healed anyway, but if you have some it's worth a try ... don't let the brush touch your skin in case it is infected.

Oops ... posted the link in the wrong thread ... I've now put it in the appropriate thread re "I've had an accident".

Never mind, it's all good stuff to know.

Thanks guys for your replys,i did the salted water then went to boots and bought some drawing cream coverd it up and it has started easing off thankgod.Ill tell for a small area it was very painfull and im used to pain but that was unreall.Ill keep that post aswell geeg it it always comes in handy.Thanks to all who replied with your help.xx

Hi all
I could do with a bit of help with this one. I have run a search and havnt found anything at all of yet.
I currently use NSI acrylic, and I have had 2 clients that have said they feel like their nails are throbbing, there is no damage to their nails. What could or would be causing this??
Thanks for your help with this! :hug:

Thanks for that. It may be that shrinkage has been the problem. Will see how she goes with her new set.
Thanks again :hug:

Working too wet with your l/p is a likely culprit for shrinkage as Bagpuss has linked.

Latest posts

Back