In case you didn't know.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what i mean .... Lol at gluing her tips on though
But im part to blame for mine being like this too because I do offer a genuine gelish service i obviously promote im not letting them pay for somrthing thats not genuine gelish

Not sure if you have misunderstood my original post, Gelish and ACG are in fact the same product made by the same manufacturer so if you buy ACG base and TOP, it is in fact the same as Gelish, in the same bottle but the bottle is black. I don't use any other SOG's so will only be using the base and TIO with these 2 but if I did use another brand and Nail Harmony are saying you can use Gelish base and TIO with other brand SOGs then I really can't see any point buying another set of base and top coats.

I personally wouldnt do it you have no guarentee this will last as you are mixing systems and it does not look very professional mixing systems clients are aware of fake services such as gelish and shellac alot of us take alot of time to try and educate our clients on how to spot if they were not getting the full service , such as systems being mixed .

I think you re missing the point. This is well within the instructions of the system, in this case Gelish. There is nothing unprofessional or fake about it. It is nothing less than a full service. The only caveat is that you shouldn't call it a "Gelish" mani. And Gelish is not the only system that allows this, as Structure is often recommended under other systems.

I think that the whole prohibition on mixing systems is going to be up for grabs over the next few years. As the technology has evolved and stabilized, it has become easier to combine elements of systems to customize services for clients and I think that will continue and accelerate in the future. The DIY community is ahead of the curve in this area. The same goes for the lamp issue. When there were only a few new clearly delineated systems, having THE lamp for your system made sense. But now techs often use many systems and with all of the systems out now and with more consistent technology, the idea of having the lamp for each of your systems is harder to justify. I think over the next few years there will be a greater push among manufacturers to coordinate and integrate all of these systems and lamps. In the meantime, of course you should follow the manufacturer's instructions, but that was cloughers' initial point - this mixing IS within the manufacturers instructions.

I wonder if ACG would recommend using a different base and top coat. Or insurance if some day you have to use the complete system.

Alot of products are generically made by the same manufactures and then packaged and labled for diffrent brands ....

with these you probably could get away with top coat mixing. before using it this way on a client I would get it it writing from your educator from that system though just to cover your bum. (I bet alot will not give it to you)

this said some are not .

This is part of the reson that i and millllions of others put faith into CND and there products ,Unlike alot of others they invent and make there own products , they also KNOW the science behind there products and have classes in all of them .
I would not mix.

This thread was bought to Georgie's attention and she has asked me to clarify this point:

Yes, she confirmed that Gelish can be used with any other gel polish system. The Gelish ad in Nails Mag (posted above) backs up what she said.

However, she did not make any mention of Gelish being the same company. It is not. Danny Haile who developed Gelish, consulted on Artistic Colour Gloss for Tom Bachik who was the "face" of Artistic Colour Gloss. This doesn't make it the same company at all, or the same formula. I hope this helps.

Jan Soar
Head of Education
Nail Harmony UK

This thread was bought to Georgie's attention and she has asked me to clarify this point:

Yes, she confirmed that Gelish can be used with any other gel polish system. The Gelish ad in Nails Mag (posted above) backs up what she said.

However, she did not make any mention of Gelish being the same company. It is not. Danny Haile who developed Gelish, consulted on Artistic Colour Gloss for Tom Bachik who was the "face" of Artistic Colour Gloss. This doesn't make it the same company at all, or the same formula. I hope this helps.

Jan Soar
Head of Education
Nail Harmony UK

Thanks for the clarification Jan. :biggrin:

Thanks for the clarification Jan. :biggrin:

Just so we're clear, I emailed ACG and this is their response:

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for your e mail.

They are correct – perhaps the worst kept secret in the industry is that both brands are owned by the same company in the US and employ the exact same technology. This means the essential items, base, top, prep are identical so completely interchangeable as are the LED Lights.

My preference is obviously Artistic but please use either of our cleanser and removers too. Using a generic remover for instance will not have all the extra conditioners I know that both our products have.

We often have very competitive pricing on these essential items and LED Lights so please feel free to contact me to find out what deals are available.

We also offer a lifetime discount for those who have attended accredited training to guarantee that this investment pays for itself over time.

Please let us know if we can provide any further support.

That's good enough for me! :D

Jan Soar
Head of Education
Nail Harmony UK

Well as above i have been advised from nhuk that this is not the case hence why i didnt miss the initial point being made re mixing systems

I don't think this thread is getting anywhere now so I am closing it. It is just a he says she says thing going on here.:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back