In case you didn't know.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughers

Reaction score
You can use Gelish base coat and TIO with any other gel polish system :) Had to check because I just bought some ACG colours to go with my Gelish. Great news because ACG have some really blingy colours!:biggrin:

That's interesting.. have Nail Harmony themselves told you this?

Either way, I prefer using my products as a complete system.

Last edited:
Be very interested if harmony told u that as its not advised to mix systems as it can create breakdowns not to mention other issues

Actually ACG and Harmony are almost identical systems, I also prefer base and top from a line range, but I was told as well I can mix them. Not sure about other gel polishes, but these two for sure.
On the other hand if you have 2 bases and 2 top coats you will use them for a twice longer time then single set from one system, so it is not money saver and always a risk.

How would this impact removal?

If ACG has its own base and topcoat, why not just use that with the ACG color?

Either way, I preferring using my products as a complete system.

Yes, Nail Harmony has been advertising this for quite a while. And ACG almost doesn't count as another system since it's made by the same company (as is Red Carpet Manicure) and is considered to be something of a dupe. Although no longer a practicing nail pro, I've used Gelish base and TIO with OPI, Just Gel/TruGel, ACG, Geleration, LeChat and other brands. It works very well and expands your colour options dramatically.

Attachments

• Nails Magazine January 2011.pdf
    318 KB · Views: 186
If ACG has its own base and topcoat, why not just use that with the ACG color?

Because I've only got 2 ACG colours and loads of Gelish ones so why would I want to buy another set of base and top when I've already got exactly the same product but in a different colour bottle!

And yes, Nail Harmony did tell me it was ok to use:

Yes, you can use Gelish Foundation and Top it Off with any other gel polish system, in most cases, it makes other systems perform much better as the base is what creates a special covalent bond with the natural nail and the Top it Off is a great sealer that gives a long lasting high gloss shine.:biggrin:

Either way, I preferring using my products as a complete system.

Can't see the point of buying more products when Gelish and ACG are in fact the same thing.

I use TIO over Bio on myself as I think it gives a much better shiny finish and lasts really well.

Clients I give the choice, I will explain TIO is not part of the whole system and they can make their own decision.

Jo xx

I use gelish and was not aware i was always advised never to mix systems ?

The lady from Nail Harmony emailed me the bit I put on earlier about using Gelish base and TIO with other SOG's so that's good enough for me!

I had my nails done at a beauty and nail bar by my friend on tuesday, who's doing her assessments before working on the public.
I had OPI gel polish, and she's been tought by the company to put Gelish structure gel in between the OPI colour and OPI top coat. I was quite suprised with it been a fairly large chain, and mixing systems but Apparently it makes it it last a lot longer xxx

Very interesting! Where can I purchase ACG and how do the prices compare to Gelish?

I personally wouldnt do it you have no guarentee this will last as you are mixing systems and it does not look very professional mixing systems clients are aware of fake services such as gelish and shellac alot of us take alot of time to try and educate our clients on how to spot if they were not getting the full service , such as systems being mixed .

Very interesting! Where can I purchase ACG and how do the prices compare to Gelish?

Louella Belle are the distributors in the UK x.

I personally wouldnt do it you have no guarentee this will last as you are mixing systems and it does not look very professional mixing systems clients are aware of fake services such as gelish and shellac alot of us take alot of time to try and educate our clients on how to spot if they were not getting the full service , such as systems being mixed .

I really don't understand what the problem is if the manufacturer say it's ok? Do your clients really look at what bottles you're using because mine don't! As long as the colour is what they want, I do a good job, and it lasts until their next appointment, they are very happy!

You cant say can last the duration though if your mixing is my point. Also yes some clients do as i said alot of people are trying to educate their clients on the signs of not recieving a genuine treatment if your mixing systems its not a genuine treatment !

My clients don't miss a trick but if it works for you then cool.
I'd broken an ornament in the salon the other day and glued it back together with super glue, I did it in between clients and then put the bottle to one side on my desk. My next client sat down and as I began my prep she pulled her hands away from me and said "are you going to glue my tips on with super glue?" obviously I laughed and explained but was quite surprised that she had noticed this. Clients are quite savvy about products these days, I've found anyway, I get new clients telling me when they've been to a salon and had the dreaded Bluesky Shellac... Or Bluebird Shellac as one lady called it lol xx

My clients don't miss a trick but if it works for you then cool.
I'd broken an ornament in the salon the other day and glued it back together with super glue, I did it in between clients and then put the bottle to one side on my desk. My next client sat down and as I began my prep she pulled her hands away from me and said "are you going to glue my tips on with super glue?" obviously I laughed and explained but was quite surprised that she had noticed this. Clients are quite savvy about products these days, I've found anyway, I get new clients telling me when they've been to a salon and had the dreaded Bluesky Shellac... Or Bluebird Shellac as one lady called it lol xx

Exactly what i mean .... Lol at gluing her tips on though
But im part to blame for mine being like this too because I do offer a genuine gelish service i obviously promote im not letting them pay for somrthing thats not genuine gelish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back