In fills...with L & P - can you mix products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsturgeon

Reaction score
Hi,

Working on a sat in a friends new tanning salon doing acrylics. Just started- my friend text me last night to see if i could do a set of in fills on thurs night. I said i would let her know but i didnt think that you could do in fills on someone elses work..ie no way of knowing what product the previous tech used?

Am i right or could i go ahead & do them with my product or should i tell the client either to return to previous nail tech or soak off & get a brand new set with myself & then she can come to me for infills.

if you could let me know as i have to get back to my friend to let her know.

Thanks

what you need is to see the nails first and make a decision,
you can buff the previous nail enhancement and then do infill/rebalance with your product,or if you think she needs a soak off do that,
you should not mix products when doing l&p.hth hun x

Thanks for that..

though youve said at the end you should mix products with L& P- I mean mix brands of products.... i was always told you SHOULDNT mix them...

even more confused now...

I think it is ok to infill with your system.
Only thing is, the colours might be different.

However, I was told not to work over someone elses work....
that way if the client has any problems, you know it is down to what you have done and not caused by something you have worked ontop of. Does that make sence?

Thanks for that..

though youve said at the end you should mix products with L& P- I mean mix brands of products.... i was always told you SHOULDNT mix them...

SUGAR!!!! thought i put SHOULD NOT...... will go and edit this straight away....sorry for the confusion !!!

Thanks for that..

You should always work with the products from one brand - CND monomer with CND powder etc. BUT once the product is cured you can use a different brand of product over the top with no problems.

So, you can rebalance CND l+p with EzFlow l+p, you can rebalance gel with l+p, you can rebalance l+p with gel...... The only potential downside is you sometimes see a colour difference with your pinks from different companies, but tbh it's such a small difference that mainly only us techs see it!

Does that help clear up your confusion?!

You should always work with the products from one brand - CND monomer with CND powder etc. BUT once the product is cured you can use a different brand of product over the top with no problems.

So, you can rebalance CND l+p with EzFlow l+p, you can rebalance gel with l+p, you can rebalance l+p with gel...... The only potential downside is you sometimes see a colour difference with your pinks from different companies, but tbh it's such a small difference that mainly only us techs see it!

Does that help clear up your confusion?!

now why cant i word it like this!!!!!:lol::lol:

Thanks guys- BOTH replies great!!

Latest posts

Back