In home salon, honest opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use retention plus, hardly any smell, I have nappy sacks that i use to tie up the rubbish as soon as im done, u would never tell that id been working with the acrylic.

I do all my beauty treatments in my living room, and have the music channel on the telly really low volumer, i ensure all candles are lit and the room is spick and span! Most of my clients say they prefer home bases salons as they can relax in a nice warm enviroment. i have attached a pic :) x

Attachments

• 1453336_360325440771073_216313061_n.jpg
    1453336_360325440771073_216313061_n.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 377
Wow, you've done a good job there!

Can I ask? I see that you have a few Microplane foot files on sale there, how did you manage to order so many?
I was told by S2 that they were not for retail, but professional use only.

Thank you!

If they weren't for retail why do they give a retail price?!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I do all my beauty treatments in my living room, and have the music channel on the telly really low volumer, i ensure all candles are lit and the room is spick and span! Most of my clients say they prefer home bases salons as they can relax in a nice warm enviroment. i have attached a pic :) x

That looks so good! What type of beauty treatments do you do in your living room?

I have an iPod dock hooked up to the tv surround sound so I'll be able to pipe in lovely classical music. Or play classical CDs through the tv stereo.

zuhy6y7y.jpg
ypamazud.jpg
anumyzar.jpg
this is my work area! It's in my kitchen. As you can see we have a crazy feature wall! It's a big long wall filled with knock knacks from old signs to door knockers to photos. I was worried it might be rather busy for some people to look at but my customers love it! Wonderful topic of conversation for even my shyest of ladies xxx

zuhy6y7y.jpg
ypamazud.jpg
anumyzar.jpg
this is my work area! It's in my kitchen. As you can see we have a crazy feature wall! It's a big long wall filled with knock knacks from old signs to door knockers to photos. I was worried it might be rather busy for some people to look at but my customers love it! Wonderful topic of conversation for even my shyest of ladies xxx

So cute! I LOVE the retro tea time posters, eek!

So cute! I LOVE the retro tea time posters, eek!

Aw thank u! Love our wall! Our whole house is rather in your face retro/shabby sheek/vintage, it's just crazy lol Wish we had one cream plain room to switch off in lol xxx when one of the kiddies moves out (they're 6 and 1 so I'm talking years away lol) already decided my home salon will still be me but slightly toned down lol xxx

Thank you!

If they weren't for retail why do they give a retail price?!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Do they?

Looks like I was given the wrong info when I asked. I was told that only the smaller pink or blue ones were for retail.

Thanks

Do they?

Looks like I was given the wrong info when I asked. I was told that only the smaller pink or blue ones were for retail.

Thanks

Me too..only smaller ones to retail, brown and pink large ones for professional use :/

That looks so good! What type of beauty treatments do you do in your living room?

I have an iPod dock hooked up to the tv surround sound so I'll be able to pipe in lovely classical music. Or play classical CDs through the tv stereo.

Aw thank you very much 😊
I do: lash extensions, spray tans, waxing, gelish nails, high def brows and tinting. I like music in the background rather than silence or chime music haha x

Aw thank you very much 😊
I do: lash extensions, spray tans, waxing, gelish nails, high def brows and tinting. I like music in the background rather than silence or chime music haha x

Oh wow you have a lot going on. Do you live alone? I would be a little nervous getting waxed in the living room in case someone walked in.

Haha I have to admit it would be just my look to have my muff out and the therapists husband come in lol!! I am looking into starting Swarovski pedicures and a friend was like my god il be there every week lol.. Then said I should learn vagazzles cos she loves bling!!! Haha love her but that's just crossing a few boundaries!! Doing feet is the most intimate thing I do

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Oh wow you have a lot going on. Do you live alone? I would be a little nervous getting waxed in the living room in case someone walked in.
Its good to offer a variety of treatments, keeps me busy :)
I live with my partner. haha i have heard a few people say that, my partner always knows when i have clients and the door is always closed - never had any issues yet :) x

Thank you! I really love it! Takes up next to no space when it's all folded away! Going to invest in a salon chair eventually for my hair clients and me to sit I when doing nails! And I need to buy a portable basin and a good dryer which I will keep upstairs when I don't need to use it! Iv got a Wella photo shoot coming up and when I get the photo back I'm goin to create a poster with it, print of a price list and some offer leaflets! Just waiting for some supplies to arrive! And my name badge I ordered! Need to order my uniform! And then I am ready to go lol! Seems so close but so far away

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Hi
I know this is an old thread but I loved your set up idea and was thinking about something like this in my house. I'm currently mobile but I completed my hair training a year ago and I'm getting more colour clients. I hate colouring in other peoples house as I'm scared I'm going to splat colour somewhere accidently along with no trolley for foils.

Did you ever get a portable basin? Do you wash their hair in your area you have set up? How do you work water?

Latest posts

Back