In-home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddisonbingham

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
We recently bought a house and converted the dining room to my nail salon. It's completely closed off from the house (now) and has a separate enterance from the main corridors of the house. It also has plenty of adequate ventilation, and a water source available. What steps do I take in order to insure I'm running a full, legal nail salon? I have the requirements physically with the space I'm in, but I'm drawing a blank. I know I need insurance, a business license, but I feel like I'm forgetting important stuff? I'm currently a licensed nail tech & have my independent contractors. Do I need my freelance?

Ugh, please help :) LOL

Go on your council site

Check with your local council as some charge business rates / issue licenses etc.

You also need to check with your mortgage provider and home insurance as some don't allow you to work from home. Regarding the insurance you can shop around as some are fine with it as long as you have separate business insurance.

Good luck.

I notice the OP lives in Oregon, USA so the laws will be different from the UK.

Latest posts

Back