In house training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
I'm after some advice on training your own employee.
How does it work insurance wise if you trained your own employee to spraytan if they only held a manual tan qualification. Or semi perm lashes if they only hold a nvq level 2?

I really don't know if this would be classed as acceptable let alone insurable, Any views will be greatly appreciated :)

You need to ask your insurers. They are the only ones who can say if this will be aceptable or not as it will be them having to cover you & pay out if anything went wrong.

Thanks for your reply. I know this is the case deep down just wondered if anyone had done such a thing.
I just feel I could train my way better than a half day quick qualification course. I think insurance wise I will send her on the course then show her my way and tips too.

Don't hesitate to send her on certified training courses. People can take much more pride in their work if officially trained in it :)

It is unlikely that your insurance would cover you training your employees but it is worth asking. :)

I doubt you'll be covered for a few reasons. You would need to be qualified and insured to train. Think about it, if all salon owners taught their staff then what would be the point of trainers. Also, have the company that trained you given you permission to share their technique and manual? I doubt it

Protect yourself and your business and send her on accredited training or product training.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the replies.
I know it makes sense, Just always played at the back of my mind.
It's not worth the risk me even showing her a spraytan until I get her back from a course. I'm actually disappointed she's quit her level 3 too soon, I didn't state this as a clause in the contract though :(

Thanks so much for the replies.
I know it makes sense, Just always played at the back of my mind.
It's not worth the risk me even showing her a spraytan until I get her back from a course. I'm actually disappointed she's quit her level 3 too soon, I didn't state this as a clause in the contract though :(

Hi,
Why has she quit her L3??
When? Is it too late for her to go back as I'd stress it's her best interest to go back as it will affect her career down the line ... others salons would prob not take her on, and also could impact hours in your salon as if she cannot provide the treatments it may mean further down the line you would have to take someone else on and lead to less hours for her... Depending on what contract you've given her ..!!!!
But as the others have said no she wouldn't be insured if you trained her in house. Inhouse training only works with her already been qualified and you showing her specific product training

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

You will need to check with your insurers, but most will require her to hold a recognised qualification before they will offer cover.

Latest posts

Back