In need of a face powder equivalent to Mac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks I have an expensive daughter of 17 she loves Mac defining powder which I usually get her for birthdays or Xmas as its £25 , she also uses Mac sculpt foundation, I know they're luvly but I'm looking for a less expensive foundation for now can anyone recommend one ? Xx

Gosh why on earth are you allowing a 17yr old to use such thick heavy foundation and powder.
Anyhow that aside I would give her a set amount of pocket money and she buys her own toiletries and cosmetics.
It's a good way for her to learn the value of things , secondly to make sure she doesn't waste products as she know she be liable to replace the next one.
And also she be able to learn the prices of things and learn to shop smartly, and perhaps use less "posh" products.

As for the comparison of which is similar , the studio sculpt is quite mouse like and made for drier skin types but with a fuller coverage. So has you tried the maybelline mouse foundations , as a younger adult I used this and was fine. NYX also make nice powders at a reasonable price.

Although she's young she's very knowledgeable about makeup she's studying makeup artistry at college. She's been trying to get a little part time job but it's really hard for a 17 year old . I will tell her about the maybelline mouse though.

Mac is a hit and miss brand. I've known of so so many people that have reactions with it. Foundation wise Estee lauder are fantastic but more than the 25 pound. Has she tried NYX? It is FAB and is now available in the UK :) other than that.. I also love sleek, gosh and makeup revolution xx

If she's studying makeup artistry can she not get mac pro card and get the discount?

Hey Hun,

Get her to go onto macprodiscount.co.uk and register for a card, she just needs to supply evidence of her college letter and I think it was a photo ID, it can all be done online and it's £10 for membership but it allows her 15% discount from any store. Takes around 3-4 weeks for the card to arrive

Thankyou I didn't know about that I will look into that [emoji177]

Latest posts

Back