In need of advice again!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red35

Reaction score
Its me again in need of some advice. I work p/time with my nails and love every minute of it. Today i have been offered to rent a table for 3 days a week in a new salon for a good price.....which is great.....but i have recently been thinking of going mobile. Now i dont know which way to turn!! Please can anyone advise me of what they think. Any advice would be fantastic.

Can't you do both ?????
I know it's a lot of to-ing-and fro-ing, but could be done, if you work out a schedule with the salon and your othr commitments.
Say 3 days in the salon and one day for your at home lady's...............
just a thought
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

red35 said:
Its me again in need of some advice. I work p/time with my nails and love every minute of it. Today i have been offered to rent a table for 3 days a week in a new salon for a good price.....which is great.....but i have recently been thinking of going mobile. Now i dont know which way to turn!! Please can anyone advise me of what they think. Any advice would be fantastic.

Both these options have pros and cons. Personally I am mobile & love the flexibility and variety that it gives. I am a free agent and do as much work as I choose. HOWEVER I hate the constant lifting and shifting of all the equipment I need, I can't keep much retail or display it, I constantly worry about forgetting things, I have to factor in travel time, I can be at risk if I ma not careful - who knows what would happen if it was a dodgy client?

I have been asked to do some salon work soon and to oversee their newly trained tech and train up another one. I will be doing 2 days a week. I am looking forward to just doing nails rather than packing and unpacking all the time, I am also looking forward to being part of a salon team. It will be nice to look at retail too.

It comes down to three things
  1. lifestyle - which will work best for you and your family
  2. happiness - do you like to wing it and work alone, or do you need to be in a team and get support?
  3. Money - how much risk, how much commitment, how much profit?

Don't try and figure out which option is the right option - just which one on balance is best for you at this time. You can always change your mind!

Hi red35

I do both and it works for me...so far that is, takes quite a bit of juggling, and you definetely need to be organised ( i'm still working on that :rolleyes: ).

The retail side is a big aspect, even when you are not there your products are hopefully being sold.

As it is a new salon opening it is hard to guage how busy they will be, will you be the only nail tech?

good luck with whatever you decide, let us know how you are getting on!

Suey x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back