In need of advice Please fellow geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hugs all long time no write huh ? lol :)

Well lifes been busy, pretty hectic really but not for the good reasons.

Im not working at the moment and am at college studying hairdressing, I did my nvq in nails last year and passed, and all though im wanting to train with creative the monies are a little sparce at the min which is why Im wanting your advice lol.

So you see my sister got me some business cards printed off and they have been stuck in my draw for months now, now my question is shall I spread them about ? take them to local shops? post offices ? Shall i go mobile ? do you think my training is enough for me to do so ? will I need insurance ? I dont have transport which is a pain but I will be able to get places ? Please help peeps what do you think I should do ?

Thanks Kelly. :hug:

Hello my lovely, well it is hard doing training and having a job BUT if you need to money then you should go for it maybe just do leaflet drops in the streets close to you as you have no transport that way your not stretching yourself, i use to do manicures for little old ladies in the residential flats near me only for £5 but it did help and i ended up having quite a few just think if you do 10 maicures at £5 thats £50. you will need insurance definitly its very important that you covered hun!!!!!

If you have the confidence hand them out but make sure you get insurance before working on the public, professional beauty are reasonable, and good luck with all :hug:

Go for it I say. At least it will keep your practice going. Do make sure you are insured though.

If you build up a client base it will be ideal for when you finish your other qualifications.

Hiya matey,
I passed my exams in the summer and as soon as I felt confident enough to work on strangers as apposed to friends and families, I advertised in my local co-op! I got a fair few interested people after a couple of weeks and have gradually built up a quite a client base just on reccomendations! I don't have transport either which is why it was a good idea to just advertise locally. My furthest client lives opposite the co-op! HTH :lol:

Oh - forgot to add - advertise in the college as well!

Thanks so much ladies I feel better already just by reading your comments, I think Im going to do up some leaflets post them up on here get some advice on em and go for it :eek: lol I think its just that first client, getting over that Im sure ill do fine cos Im not in the least bit shy lmao.

I think Im afraid of clients not liking my finished results :confused:

Thanks again
Kelly :hug:

Oh oey I didnt even think of that one lmaooo, what a fab idea, Ill seriously think about that one, thanks again all :hug:

Hey,
You should go for it.A little experience will give you the confidence(and hopefully the money)you need.DO get insurance.Professional Beauty were always great when I used them.
Your clients will love it when you are trying new products on them when you are training-it makes them feel special.Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back