In need of colour advice for a fussy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaneyBass

Reaction score
Hi, so I have a lovely young lady that I’ve been doing for a few years now. She is getting married next month (May) and she is saying her hair is too orange(why do they always say that!) She doesn’t want it “stripy” with a darker colour. I used Indola white bleach and high lift 100.0 & 100.1 with 40vol. She is a base 7 with warmth. I’ll try to up load a picture, but not sure if I’m clever enough Thanks In Advance xxx

Do you think her hair is orange? Or she is just overthinking things?

I would sell her a purple shampoo tell her it will cool it down.. . But if it's actually orange then that won't be strong enough.

I would sell her a purple shampoo tell her it will cool it down.. . But if it's actually orange then that won't be strong enough.

Hi, it’s not really orange, has a little bit of warmth. Like a beige. She has bought 2 different purple shampoos,I’m worried it could make the bleach highlights too ashy! Thank you for your reply. Xx

6DCE7347-57C0-469D-94FA-40828E5F2A9E.jpeg

Can u not just do bleach highlights and tone if need be? U will get a cleaner lift by using Bleach and u will be able use a much lower peroxide which would be much softer on the hair than 12% X

Can u not just do bleach highlights and tone if need be? U will get a cleaner lift by using Bleach and u will be able use a much lower peroxide which would be much softer on the hair than 12% X
She wants a contrast of two colours, I usually do bleach with only 20 vol or 30vol. I was thinking of toning with just a 9 and 10vol?

Indola do some highlights a lot cooler than natural or ash. I haven't used them for a long time but I know you have some options.

If that picture was nearly 4 weeks ago her roots a probably due, you don't need to use anything higher than 6% for bleach you can even use 3%, highlift I would use 12% to get that lift and use a cooler shade. Leave on for the full hour.

If clients want cooler blondes you should look at using violet and pearl tones, ash isn't strong enough x

Indola do some highlights a lot cooler than natural or ash. I haven't used them for a long time but I know you have some options.

If that picture was nearly 4 weeks ago her roots a probably due, you don't need to use anything higher than 6% for bleach you can even use 3%, highlift I would use 12% to get that lift and use a cooler shade. Leave on for the full hour.

If clients want cooler blondes you should look at using violet and pearl tones, ash isn't strong enough x
Thank you jamiereid92

The problem with bleach and highlift together is that the bleach has lifted before the hi-lift has developed properly. In this case I would probably use a 10/1 with 30vol as the contrasting colour. And maybe do 2 bleach to 1 highlift and then tone if required

To 1 tint I mean

The problem with bleach and highlift together is that the bleach has lifted before the hi-lift has developed properly. In this case I would probably use a 10/1 with 30vol as the contrasting colour. And maybe do 2 bleach to 1 highlift and then tone if required
That's why I suggested to use 3% with the bleach. Will slow the process down and give a more even colour aswell.

Hi, so I have a lovely young lady that I’ve been doing for a few years now. She is getting married next month (May) and she is saying her hair is too orange(why do they always say that!) She doesn’t want it “stripy” with a darker colour. I used Indola white bleach and high lift 100.0 & 100.1 with 40vol. She is a base 7 with warmth. I’ll try to up load a picture, but not sure if I’m clever enough Thanks In Advance xxx
If the violent shampoo didnt work I would recommend going in with a low volume developer and add some beige additive to the lighter if you can. That should help or tone her with a beige color.

Latest posts

Back