in need of help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD_1

Reaction score
I have a client come to me today shes had a full head bleach but roots have gone yellow shes asked me for advice, shes trying to acheive as she puts it a silvery/ashy blonde. As i have never done full head bleach i'm not used to using toners so any help or suggestions would gladly be recieved many thanx

Cheers minky that was a gr8 help!!! the wella colour fresh toner in 0/6 silver sounds my best bet unless u think other wise?????

Cheers minky that was a gr8 help!!! the wella colour fresh toner in 0/6 silver sounds my best bet unless u think other wise?????

Firstly I would lighten her roots only to match the ends of her hair ,
to a creamy colour blonde ,
(like the inside of a banana skin) using the procure oil bleach ,
( follow instructions ) I use two and a half sachets of booster on a base level 6 .
using 6% peroxide (no higher) again follow manufactures instructions in the pack
Then when it has lifted at the roots to match the ends ,

Shampoo and towel dry and use the 0/6 colour fresh toner on the roots of wet hair first for ten to fifteen mins then then all over to refresh the ends for another ten mins according to full timings and instructions in the pack

I would say it would be better to stay away from ash toners in case of any grab on the ends of the bleached hair
you will be safer with the 0/6 it is a lovely light silvery blonde,
as this wont produce any grab

As long as the base has been brought up to that creamy blonde ,
you should have no problems at all with 0/6 silver colour fresh

also the 0/6 is so gentle it can be used for refreshing and giving shine in between too,
good luck minky :hug:

the only reason you may need to use ash tint / toner is if the roots wont get past that yellow tone , then you may have to use an ash on the roots for toning but if you do
apply to the roots first , again following all manufacturers instructions

then use a natural for refreshing the ends of the hair,
because if the ends are over bleached or you could get grab
never take an ash thought the ends of light blond hair always swap it to a natural in the same level eg 9/1 on roots = 9/0 on the ends for the last five mins :hug: x good luck

Loreal make some nice toners for yellowy tones on the roots
I think they are called ;
( diacolour I think)
but maybe some other nice geekys will clarify that one ?

and a few more toning tips for yellowy roots would be fab ?:hug: x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back