In need of some advice, ASAP please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottexx

Reaction score
Hello I'm Charlotte,

I am a mobile hairdresser and i have a client who i am due to visit visit tomorrow, She has colored her hair herself with - L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss Medium Brown 500 -its a semi. and now she wants blonde highlights...
I know i will have to use bleach to lift it and i am aware that it will prob go very brassy.... but my question is, what do you recommend i use after to tone the highlights? i was thinking of using L'Oreal dialight 9:01 or 9:02 on the highlighted area, but which vol? or should i use the developer creme?

and if the dialight touches the un highlighted hair, will it affect it in anyway?

thanks

I would do a test piece first! X

thanks i will do but as the appointment is tomorrow i am going to need to go to suppliers soon to pick up the products and just wanted to know so i am fully prepared for the client.

thanks x

What's her natural base? Def do a strand test first!

I've never used dialight, but I was told here to use the volume 6 that you have to buy for the range of milkshakes.

I will be trying this toner on a client as well. But it will be my first time. Sorry I can't be more help.

Last edited:
Dia light isn't designed to lift, but richesse is - so as long as you are using dia light there shouldn't be any problems. I'd always normally do it with 6 vol for toning x 9.01 is great for removing orange-yellow tones, whereas 9.02 will only neutralise yellow x

You can't really pick a toner until you know how the bleach will lift.

If it only lifts to a 7 you need to use a 7 toner, if you achieve an 8 then use an 8.

If you get a brassy copper then it's not lifted to a 9 so you can't use 9.01 or 9.02

Check that it is a semi permanent as If she mixed two things together it's probably a quasi or a permanent. I'd do bleach hi lights with 9% and then a 10.1 with 3% at basin toner and just keep an eye on it - it will probably take around 5-10 mins but keep a close eye as bleach can change very quickly. You can always re tone. Also recommend they buy a Silver shampoo this will help x

Dia light isn't designed to lift, but richesse is - so as long as you are using dia light there shouldn't be any problems. I'd always normally do it with 6 vol for toning x 9.01 is great for removing orange-yellow tones, whereas 9.02 will only neutralise yellow x

You can tone with diarichesse, it will only lift if you use 15vol. 6vol is fine with it :)

You can tone with diarichesse, it will only lift if you use 15vol. 6vol is fine with it :)

In theory it should be fine but it's sent my roots orange in the past :p haha xx

Using 6vol? 😱

Yeah :( it's never happened to any of my clients, just me when I did a 9.11 toner - I must have funny hair lmaoo! x

Latest posts

Back