In need of some help!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabrinanicola

Reaction score
Hey my names Sabrina, i've just started my NVQ level 1 at chichester college, My friend wants me to highlight her hair, but i don't know what products to get, I know what bleach to get for her hair, but i'm unsure on what releaser/poroxide i should use, please help, which volume should i get for her hair, i thought 40vol but maybe i should get a lower one please help ANYONE!!!
thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what is her natural hair depth and tone, is it dark, light, warm, cool? has her hair been coloured or chemically treated? to be a good colour tech u need to have good consultaion skills. . .
untill u know all of the above and have done a skin test i would stay clear, or even better get her to come into college to make sure all goes well in a contained environment. . x

It's best not to start something that you couldn't put right if you messed up!

If you're unsure of what peroxide to use in the first place this should be an indication to you that you shouldn't start the job without assistance.

Read the previous reply, there's no right or wrong peroxide in highlighting, it totally depends on your consultation with your client!

what is her natural hair depth and tone, is it dark, light, warm, cool? has her hair been coloured or chemically treated? to be a good colour tech u need to have good consultaion skills. . .
untill u know all of the above and have done a skin test i would stay clear, or even better get her to come into college to make sure all goes well in a contained environment. . x

Well shes had alot of colour in her hair, the last person that dyed it was toni and guy, and she wants me to retouch it and add some more highlights, her natural hair colour is ash brown, but at the moment its a chocolatey brown with warm highlights and i need to match them, shes had a skin test obviously with toni and guy, i just need to know what would be best for her hair to match them existing highlights, so what would be best????

Ps thankyou for replying xxx:)

sorry , but if youve just started a level 1 - isnt this way too complicated for you? your friend needs to know that you havent covered this yet and that there is alot that can go wrong . Why not persuade her to have a semi -permanant colour all over to blend it in ( she will need t do a skin test first ) PLEASE ,PLEASE DO NOT USE BLEACH ,ESPECIALLY 12% it could cause scalp burns if your foils leak

This job is too complex for a level one, you wouldn't be tackling something like this until you're level 3. Your friend is asking too much from you and if it all goes pear shape she'll blame you so don't do it! Ask your lecturers if she could come in as a demo, there really is too much going on with this girls hair for you to tackle alone.

says it all does it, we all kinda sung from same hymn sheet. i know that must be very frustrating and without trying to sound condecending, you really should think about your own proffesional name, a muck up early in your career could tarnish ur reputation later on. i think having her in as a demo at college is a brilliant idea if u pull it off. you can watch and learn and she will be in good hands. if you explain why you cant do it im sure she will understand. i do hope you take the advice given to you, for both your sakes and your friends. . xx

its too much for a level one hun, i 've nealy finished level two and we are just going through colour theory indepth now......i find that as soon as you mention your doing hair at college friends automatically think you can cut and colour like you have been doing it for years.....
like others have said bring her in to college on your salon or training salon day as a demo.....the tutor will be there , i know we can book friends in on our salon days.....i would do that hun...plus if you say yes to doing it yourself at home, i can guarantee the night before you wont sleep as you will worry yourself stupid

well my tutor wated me to bring someone in last week, but my friend couldn't make it, i'am believe it or not partly prepared for this as i've been learning about it for the past 3 months, i just need to attempt it on real hair, not dolly's hair lol, i think i may do a semi on her hair think that would be best for her anyway!!! Her hair is breaking where she had it highlighted, but the rest of the hair is fine, so i may just do that, i need to try others when am i going to? i'm confident enough to do this!
xxx
thanks for your replies

I am sorry but I am in my 3rd year of training and i wouldn't do this at home I am very confident and i could probaly do it but I wouldn't its my reputation and my clients hair that i would worry about.

well my tutor wated me to bring someone in last week, but my friend couldn't make it, i'am believe it or not partly prepared for this as i've been learning about it for the past 3 months, i just need to attempt it on real hair, not dolly's hair lol, i think i may do a semi on her hair think that would be best for her anyway!!! Her hair is breaking where she had it highlighted, but the rest of the hair is fine, so i may just do that, i need to try others when am i going to? i'm confident enough to do this!
xxx
thanks for your replies

I would listern to the pro's on this hun.....please don't take offence to that....i done hair at college and in the first year we used dummys not real people,for a good reason...we were not ready....

If something did happen...what would you do ?.How would you feel?. This is why you have to train and wait as you wont be ready

xx

xxx
thanks for your replies

Just want to say thanks babe for highlighting my hair and your where right to have confidence in your self you did an excellent job! Much better then toni and guy I absolutely love it best colour I have ever had!!!, really think you should post a picture to show what you have achieved!!! You know you have a client for life now lol, if you need to practise any thing eles let me know, I guess I am paying you back for the times you let me practise on you before I qualified!!! Lol
Guess you got raw end of deal coz at last getting my hair done isn’t as painfully as waxing and cosmetic tattooing! But you did get a set of perfect brows J . Am so proud of you hunny!!! You really do have a natural talent! And your professional approach 100% perfect! You so know Lucy and the girls will come knocking your door down now pmsl!! Love you lots see you tonight! xxxxx :hug::hug::hug:

phew! so what did you do in the end

glad it turned out well then lol. . but understand all the advice was still with the best intention, no one doubted you could do it, but i couldnt proffesionally advise you on that one without putting everything i learned into a box and ignoring it. . but WELL DONE. X

Latest posts

Back