In need of your help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD_1

Reaction score
i coloured my clients hair the beginning of the week with 6.4 mixed equally with base 8 and 6% with slices of majimeche which i have been doing for a while but she has now decided the base is too red and wants it toning down, as colour correction isnt a strong point (im going on course next month to help with this) i would be grateful on any advice you kind people could give :)

Is that l'oreal the base you used? If she still wants it reddish, but not as red, the I would just put a natural base on it. but, if she wants a flat brown you would need to go in with an ash to kill the red. will she have roots when she is getting this done? What % grey etc?

Is that l'oreal the base you used? If she still wants it reddish, but not as red, the I would just put a natural base on it. but, if she wants a flat brown you would need to go in with an ash to kill the red. will she have roots when she is getting this done? What % grey etc?

She wants it fairly light still no darker than the base now but to kill the red and wants it done as soon as, yes l'oreal and i would say 25% grey

Are you doing this soon or when she next needs her colour done in a few weeks?
you will prob have to try and foil out the meche again and put conditioner on them so none of the colour gets on them as if you have a nice blonde and put an ash on they would turn grey. So I would foil all those bits out, then apply a quazi all over the rest of the hair to tone it, and stand with it just to watch it. I have never worked with L'oreal so cant advise on a colour but choose a shade that is opposite in the colour wheel and maybe in a level 8 or 9 as ash can darken the hair. If it's a red in it use like a green ash, if copper use a blue ash etc. O rif she wants to keep some warmth mabe use just a natural 8/0 over it and it will take the 'edge' off it for you.
Sorry if I have confused you. I reccomend you get her in and do this before her roots come through again as this will only add to the problem!
HTH x

Are you doing this soon or when she next needs her colour done in a few weeks?
you will prob have to try and foil out the meche again and put conditioner on them so none of the colour gets on them as if you have a nice blonde and put an ash on they would turn grey. So I would foil all those bits out, then apply a quazi all over the rest of the hair to tone it, and stand with it just to watch it. I have never worked with L'oreal so cant advise on a colour but choose a shade that is opposite in the colour wheel and maybe in a level 8 or 9 as ash can darken the hair. If it's a red in it use like a green ash, if copper use a blue ash etc. O rif she wants to keep some warmth mabe use just a natural 8/0 over it and it will take the 'edge' off it for you.
Sorry if I have confused you. I reccomend you get her in and do this before her roots come through again as this will only add to the problem!
HTH x

No you havent confused me, that is what i was thinking to put a semi on it just to tone it down abit, and weave out the meche (coz that is a nice blonde) but wanted a second option, but cheers for taking the time to advise, come the end of next month i should hopefully be more confident with colour correction

I know I always like a second opinion too lol, it's just getting the confidence up really! good luck on your course, best wishes x

Latest posts

Back