In the spirit of Christmas giving...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKnOki

Reaction score
Would anyone care to share that technique, product or just small words of wisdom that they feel would help others by saving them time, money or generally make the world a better place...For me I guess it would have to be my hand trainer which has helped in so many ways that I honestly can't count..I'm stilling finding new uses for it...BK

Would anyone care to share that technique, product or just small words of wisdom that they feel would help others by saving them time, money or generally make the world a better place...For me I guess it would have to be my hand trainer which has helped in so many ways that I honestly can't count..I'm stilling finding new uses for it...BK

I agree they are wonderful aren't they:lol:

Mine would be....reasearch and get the best training you can, go by reputation and not by price, otherwise you will end up paying twice....hey and it rymes...:lol: xx

Good thread!

Mine would be...

* Be patient. The education is only a little part of becoming a great tech. You have to train everyday, do it over and over again.

* Use yourself as a model. Plan to do one nail and use lots of time at that nail. Use the time to do it PERFECT. I have found this to help me a lot.

* Charge what you are worth!

* Never think you have nothing more to learn. Be curious, ask, read and search the internet.

*There is not only one way to do great nails. Too many techs think they "fail" because they don't do it in a certain way. AS long as the end-result is great and your clients are happy, stick to your own way! Hmmm... I can hear this is the opposite to what I wrote in the previous paragraph, but I think I still mean both.... There is a very fine balance between them... I hope it made sense.

* Never take your clients for granted. Remember, you need every good reputation you can get, you can't afford bad reputation. Sometimes you HAVE to grin and bear (in Norway we say: swallow some camels...:)).

* Smile to the world, and it will smile back to you! :)

* Don't laugh when a foreigner tries to write English...:eek::)

Have a fantastic Christmas!!!

:hug:Cec.

Mine would be don't be disheartened by 'mistakes', they're not 'mistakes' as such, more lessons and pointers on how to hone your skills to perfection!
Happy Christmas x

* Be patient. The education is only a little part of becoming a great tech. You have to train everyday, do it over and over again.

YES! One of my coworker's clients asked me if I dream of doing nails because I spend every second of the day practicing when my chair is empty. It really does help.

Be brave enough to try new techniques and work at them. Check all your new work against the work you've done in the past. I laugh every time I pull out my first nail trainer nails. :lol:

S

Don't get upset or feel like throwing in the towel when you get a complaint. See a complaint as an opportunity to make an unhappy client, a happy one - they usually end up being your most loyal. See a complaint as a second opportunity ... it's the ones who don't come back and complain that you should worry about. Just prepare yourself for every eventuality with a client so that you can handle it well and professionally .... and whatever you do don't refund unless it really was your fault.

read doug schoons book...know how your product works its chemical makeup, the more you learn about what your working with, the mistakes you make, and the problems you come to, you will know why and how to resolve them.....

Latest posts

Back