included or added on - hair prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender-blue

Reaction score
Calling all hairdressers
Do you charge extra for blow drying or cutting.?
When doing a colour or a perm -
is your cut/blow dry included in the price or is an added extra??

ALSO do you charge extra for mousse and styling aids or is it included in your price.

I dont charge extra . and all my services are fully inclusive of cut/ blowdrying etc.

I know there are a lot of peeps who DO charge extra.
What are your views on this???

I charge extra for the haircut but all services I do include a blowdry style. I want my clients to go out looking good and not with wet hair. Some clients require a haircut, some don't. For a haircut being with another service, I charge half price of what a haircut by itself would cost...
IE: Haircut w' blowdry....30$ Color...50$ Color w'haircut..50 + 15 (half of what the normal hc would )cost = 65.

No extra charge for mousse or products, if you are talking about what that product will do for their hair, you have sold them a bottle of it and there it just paid for itself.

I mainly have a few clients at home and my prices are "all in" for example a set price for a colour cut and finish inc. any mousses, wax, spray whatever the client wants.
If the client doesnt want a cut just the colour I then take off an amount for the cut, but to be honest that doesnt happen very much.

Personally I would prefer the service to include cut & finish an "all in" price but a lot of salons that I have seen price lists for dont price this way.

I think for example a client may not have a cut to save money and then would it make your job harder? and leave the hair in a worse condition? Im just thinking back to the time I worked in a salon and our prices for perms/colours were all inclusive of a cut and finish. say a client comes in and wants a perm and her hair is already in need of a trim, damaged , uneven etc she would benefit from a trim but doesnt because of the added price? ludicrous in my opinion. Salons should have their prices all inclusive and for the odd client whom doesnt need a cut etc then take off an amount for that, easy!

I mainly have a few clients at home and my prices are "all in" for example a set price for a colour cut and finish inc. any mousses, wax, spray whatever the client wants.
If the client doesnt want a cut just the colour I then take off an amount for the cut, but to be honest that doesnt happen very much.

Personally I would prefer the service to include cut & finish an "all in" price but a lot of salons that I have seen price lists for dont price this way.

I think for example a client may not have a cut to save money and then would it make your job harder? and leave the hair in a worse condition? Im just thinking back to the time I worked in a salon and our prices for perms/colours were all inclusive of a cut and finish. say a client comes in and wants a perm and her hair is already in need of a trim, damaged , uneven etc she would benefit from a trim but doesnt because of the added price? ludicrous in my opinion. Salons should have their prices all inclusive and for the odd client whom doesnt need a cut etc then take off an amount for that, easy!

I agree with you Paulette. The salon I work in charges 50p for a squirt of mousse. There are a lot of clients that wont pay the extra 50p, and they really do need it on their hair otherwise it affects the final result etc etc.

Its not my salon, I just work there part time and I am mobile the rest of the time and also do treatments : ie: reflexology, aromatherapy, and all holistic beauty treatments, as well as spray tanning.
I personally would never charge my mobile clients for mousse.

i AGREE IT IS LUDICROUS, and money grabbing.

Yes it is money grabbing..charging for a squirt of mousse? No wonder they don't want it., it makes them feel as though they are being nickle and dimed to death.

Latest posts

Back