Incompatibility test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
If someone’s hair test positive for metallic salts after doing the incompatibility test what do people advise clients to do?

I would say clarifying shampoo and use colour with no ammonia e.g. colour touch? Then re test 2 weeks later?

Don’t use any oxidising colour inc. CT. or any tint that requires mixing with a developer.
Most direct dye semi’s should be ok.

You need a chelating shampoo not a clarifying shampoo. They’re different. A chelating shampoo will remove mineral deposits such as lime but she might need several goes and it’s very drying, so I’d recommend doing it over a period of time. Theres also Malibu C crystal gel that comes in sachets that’s very effective. Also, check out shampoos marketed for swimmers to remove chlorine build up.

You‘ll need to take test cuttings from different areas before colouring as it might still be present in some parts of the hair, especially if there’s a lot of hair.

Do you know what’s caused the mineral deposits? If it’s a colour product the client has used, then providing it’s not used again, it should eventually wash out. Some henna’s can take months to remove (!). Could it be caused by the water supply? I had a client that had to shampoo her hair using bottled water because she had heavy minerals in her well water supplying the house.

I haven’t actually got a client I just wanted to prepare myself with all of the home dyes going on at the moment. So colour fresh in Wella would be ok?

Latest posts

Back