Incompatibility testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
Forward planning for any hair disasters that may be coming my way! I have quite a large clientele base so haven’t had to take on many new clients and therefore haven’t incompatibility tested for a while. I know some of my clients will of ‘attempted’ to colour their own hair during isolation.

Do you only test if you are bleaching/lifting the hair or would you also test if you are simply colouring over the box dye with a tint that contains ammonia? E.g wella KP

I know it’s 20vol with perm solution, equal parts.

I agree and think it would be wise to carry out strand tests on anyone that looks to have used a box dye or whatever (!!) to colour their hair, if you’re bleaching or re-colouring it. If there’s any breakage, they will blame the professional and not their home hair colouring. :(
Some clients will use henna because they view it as a natural product and therefore harmless, but it’s likely to contain metallic salts.

No, for an Incompatibility test the mixture isn’t equal parts. You only need a small drop of perm solution.

1 part perm solution to 20 parts 6% (20 vol) liquid peroxide
Wait 20 minutes

Ok thanks so much for that ❤️

Hi, I read in HJ digital version this morning that we should be patch testing all of our colour clients again upon return.
If they have had Covid 19, it could change their sensitivity level, in a similar way to them having an allergic reaction to something else, then becoming sensitive to other things.
As we now know, some people may have had it without knowing, so I guess insurers will jump on this .

Latest posts

Back