Incompatible Gels ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I use Brisa gel and my friend uses NSI.

She did a full set for me for my holiday (after filing down my Brisa) and recently did the same thing as I was her model for a training workshop.

I have had to file the full set off this weekend as I had shadows / pocket lifting on every nail and the same thing happened with my 'holiday set'

Neither of us get this problem with using our own products, my friend questioned her educator about this and was told that they probably weren't compatible.

Has anyone else heard of this or experienced it ?

I can't see them being incompatible if they're both buff off gels... the product is fully cured before applying the other brand, it's no different than rebalancing a new client and not knowing what she's got on her nails.

Pocket lifting with gel enhancements can be caused by an incomplete cure whereby either the UV bulbs need changing, the gel has been applied too thickly, or a mixture of both.

I can't see them being incompatible if they're both buff off gels... the product is fully cured before applying the other brand, it's no different than rebalancing a new client and not knowing what she's got on her nails.

Pocket lifting with gel enhancements can be caused by an incomplete cure whereby either the UV bulbs need changing, the gel has been applied too thickly, or a mixture of both.

It is strange, I know, but the only time this has happened has been when one has gone over the other. I think I will just avoid it in future.

Mmmm so its just the other gel lifting off the old gel...? the old gel (underneath) is ok...? could it be not scoring the old gel with a 180 prior to applying the new gel...just guessing x

Well we both use a 180 to reduce the bulk, the problem is never zone3 or sidewalls just centrally

very odd Adele...cant help sorry. x

Thanks anyway, like I said I'll just avoid it in future:)

Latest posts

Back