Incorrect advertising of Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chixyorky

Reaction score
Think ive uploaded the picture right! My local suppliers leaflet that i get every month of so and this was there latest course a gellux (shellac) workshop! Surely there not aloud to say that coz its a different product?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so wrong!!! No wonder nail techs think they can get away with advertising Shellac services when training is advertised like this.

I found a local home based nail tech this morning offering Shellac services and she has a picture of the Shellac bottles on her website...it's very clearly labelled BLUESKY Shellac!! It makes me so mad!!

It's very annoying and very misleading but technically I don't think they're doing anything wrong unfortunately as Shellac is a generic term and not a trade name. :sad:

I started a thread on this a few weeks a go, tupe 'gellux advertising itself as shellac' into the search and it will come up :) can't post link as I'm on my phone

I always advertise saying that I use the full CND Shellac system rather than just 'shellac' as so many people locally are advertising shellac but not using the whole system. It's definitely working as I'm getting lots of new and repeat business.

Sorry the thread is called 'gellux training advertised as shellac'

Think ive uploaded the picture right! My local suppliers leaflet that i get every month of so and this was there latest course a gellux (shellac) workshop! Surely there not aloud to say that coz its a different product?

If you bring it to the attention of Mr or Mrs Geek, they may be able to contact them to get it changed.

Thanks noodle :)

ooh thats very naughty. Unfair to a company who have invested heavily in creating a quality product, and also unfair to the client who is spending their hard earned cash on something which is not what they think it is. I have no problems with there being competition out there for Shellac, but to claim a product is something other than what it actually is is wrong

They are not claiming their product is Shellac ... they are just using a technical loophole to use the word to attract people to them. People do it with the word Creative ALL the time! Cheeky but nothing we can do to stop it and I don't think it has much impact on the CND Shellac brand.

"The cream always rises to the top" and once people think they are worth the BEST then that is what they buy.

Also, £80 + VAT? Rip off!

I just thought it was really cheeky of them to mislead people!!

Latest posts

Back