Increasing retail sales, what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
This applies to all 3 professions, beauty, hair and nails...

What do you do to increase sales of retails products?
Do you sell on the reputation of the product, the benefits of the product, or a mixture of selling points?

Being a mobile technician I find it hard to retail, mainly due to lack of space for carrying retail items and not having any 'passing trade' sales.

Fancy sharing your secrets? :wink2:

I guess its a mixture of the reputation of the product and the benefits of the products,

its so important to know the benefits and really believe in them, its not enough to retail a product on the say so of the product company, we have to know the product inside out and know the benefits our selfs, try them out and use them, then we can retail knowing the item will do what it says on the bottle.

lol!!
i just tell them!!
i carry a lot of stock( salon based)
i change my shelves fortnightly
i have a promotional item on the go
i use all the products i retail so while im using them i talk about their benefits
the reputation speaks for itself as they know im proud of the stock i carry
and when i get something new in it just flys off the shelf!!
i used to find it hard to retail as i felt i was trying to scrounge more money out of my clients , now i just tell them they must have it because xyz,,, otherwise theyll be off to boots or superdrug for the cheaper products ive just spent an hour bigging up!!

Retailing is something that I am going to focus on next. I am not good at retailing, but I will be!

I totally agree that you NEED to KNOW and BELIEVE in your products, the ones that I love do sell, so if I learn to love them all the enthusiasm that you have will help to sell it.

Enamels are easier, there are enamels that we all seem to love, certain collections or colours that go down a storm, wear them, tell your clients how fantastic they are, in terms of depth of colour, longevity, shine ...... If you haven't seen them yet have a look at the new Flash Point Enamels they are stunning and I am sure that they will sell themselves.

Another little tip is whenever the minis are available grab some, and either let your regular clients have one when they have a treatment that matches (eg give a mini heel therapy after a luxury pedi) or while you are giving the treatment talk about it, pass them one and let them have a look/feel for themselves. We know how fab the product is, let them see for themselves.

Or see if you can get some samples of the Scentsations and let them give those a whirl. Of course if they love a Scentsations lotion let them know how gorgeous the hand washes are.

Ooh I got a little carried away there, sorry :o

I have a sayings:
Love your clients,but even better love your products!

Having the belief and passion in a product will come across naturally to the client.

Ill only retail what i think is NECESSARY to that particular client,and will recommend to the client what are the "absolutes",i.e cuticle oil,etc.

I often refer to products as "salon secrets".It makes the client feel you are sharing secret info with them regarding to serums and creams for skincare.

Geeg said something once and this has worked for me.talk to the client about a couple of particular products before and during the treatment,then,after the treatment show the product to the client with the price on it and recommend it to them.Its then in the clients mind wether they want it or not and you dont then appear pushy.

I sometimes felt i was pushy sometimes,not because i just wanted to sell something,but in my eye the client had to have it to support the homecare after the treatment.

However using the above method has worked for me.

We are all professionals and we want our products to work,well we know they work and sharing that belief with the client makes all the difference.

Being a mobile technician I find it hard to retail, mainly due to lack of space for carrying retail items and not having any 'passing trade' sales.

Fancy sharing your secrets? :wink2:

I'd like some ideas for this too.

Having recently set up for mobile nails & beauty I still haven't decided whether or not I should invest in products to retail too.

I have lots of Solar Oil pinkies but thats all.

I'm think it's more difficult, on a practical level, to retail when mobile.:irked:

maybe doing a little mini catalogue to leave with your clients...with pictures..prices and benefits of the retail items you can order for them..??...it doesn't have to be a book like thing...just a A4 sheet done on your computer...i have one on my salon wall....so as they are sat having there nails done its staring them in the face..:lol: x

maybe doing a little mini catalogue to leave with your clients...with pictures..prices and benefits of the retail items you can order for them..??...it doesn't have to be a book like thing...just a A4 sheet done on your computer...i have one on my salon wall....so as they are sat having there nails done its staring them in the face..:lol: x

Thats a good idea!:hug:

I know that Creative do a little booklet just for that and I'm thinking that Eve Taylor (whose products I'll be using) does too.

Latest posts

Back