Increasing sales- a handy guide I found online

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovethesun

Reaction score
A guide to maximising sales
Despite all the doom and gloom of the economic slowdown, the beauty industry is forecasted to be the fastest growing retail sector this year (UK Health and Beauty, Marketing Week, 23rd May, 2008). In response to customers feeling the pinch there a few things you can still do in order maintain stable weekly incomes and ensure the growth of your profits.
Bestselling products
In a recent survey of over 30,000 consumers, market researchers Mintel (www.mintel.co.uk, February 2008) found that: -
Of those who purchased their hair products from a salon, more than two thirds purchase either shampoo, conditioner, or styling products, indicating that those who purchase at a salon buy more than one product. Those purchasing skincareproducts at a salon also purchase more than one item—basics such as moisturizers and cleansers top the list.
The Importance of Professional Recommendation
Over half of respondents who purchase products from a salon do so on the recommendation of a stylist, while nearly half perceive salon products as being of higher quality. Contrary to popular belief, recommendations from friends were the least important reasons for purchasing salon products with only one in five indicating that either of these influenced their purchase.
Sell, sell, sell
These findings indicate that huge up-selling potential lie in both skincare and haircare, and that stylist or beautician recommendation are crucial to both. On the basis on these findings, industry experts recommend you implement the following: -
· In order to grow sales of skincare spas/salons need to get more consumers in for skincare services due to the high reliance on professional recommendation driving product purchases. Promotional activity to increase awareness of affordability of facials, for example, could lead additional consumers to try such services leading to future sales of skincare products.
· Loyalty programs could increase returning clients and use of promotions such as buy one item, get 10% off second item or packaging as kits in smaller sizes could increase first time purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting!!

Thanks for this!
I find that the professional recommendation bit is particularly true, especially where skincare is concerned, so after every facial I set out all the products I recommend for that client and run through the details.
Try it - it works!

thanks for that information:)

Very useful information! Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back