Index & thumb tips keep falling off....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lena

Reaction score
Hi....
I do not know what to do... For the last month I did full set of gel nails on 10 clients (including nail byter - thanks for GEEKS advice!!!), 9 of them have no probs at all, all came for rebalance... But one girl (17yo) twice every week comes to me showing her index and thumb fingers without any sign of tips on them.... 3 times I repaired them (for free) thinking that I did something wrong but now I do not know what to think... What to do... Because yesterday she phoned me again with same problem.... Because of her I can loose my reputation (lots of her friends come for manicure to me)....:cry:

I know this is annoying Lena, but you have really answered your own question!!

Of course this girl is taking the ... you know what ... and you are falling for it.

90% of your clients with no problem and 1 who does the same thing to the same fingers every week?? She is either having a great time just biting these 2 or she is breaking them playing net ball or something. If most of her friends come to you then they will know she is taking the 'michae'l and probably try to do the same.

Take a stand and no more freebies. Tell her that nail enhancements obviously don't suit her and you are no longer prepared to go on dong 2 nails for free every week. Offer to remove them.

Sorry Lena, I just read your bio and see you are from Russia!! Very talented nail technicians in Russia. Perhaps you may not understand my 'expresions above.´ What I mean to say is that this young lady is 'playing' with you!! Don't let her.

If you did the nails in the photo, then you are too good for that kind of nonsense.

yes and i bet if they are no longer free, they will like magic, no longer keep breaking!lol

Than you for replies!!!
Yep... Nails on photos done by me... My husband is professional photographer and made this pics....
Just find out that this girl is riding motorbike wearing heavy gloves...

Thanks again!

It's not YOU, Lena.

No more Freebies.

TracyUK said:
yes and i bet if they are no longer free, they will like magic, no longer keep breaking!lol
i too had this problem awhile back - but not any more - i made up some new client record cards with a sentence in it stating that the nails were guaranteed for one week against lifting etc, but i added "if nails are broken due to neglect,etc,then repairs,replacements etc have to be paid for" ..........and quess what......

no more returns telling me that they FELL OFF

Thanks...
I have record cards but without guaranties.... Will add this to my cards.
Regards

Hi Lena, I agree with everyone else, this girl is playing with you. If all the other nails are fine then they should be too.
Don`t forget, we use our forefingers and thumbs more than any other fingers so they`re going to be abused more

I think you are right! Before I was blaming myself for it... Not a good thing to doubt youself, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back