Indian head massage on bald head?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oaks

Reaction score
Hi, i have been asked to do an indian head massage on a clients husband who is bald. This is new to me so just wondered if anyone can give me advice on the head routine as will be slightly different without the hair x

Just go for more actual hands on, tempering the lightness or depth of pressure and technique as though you were on the skin elsewhere on the body or face. Spend longer on the acupressure points and maybe longer on the shoulder manoeuvres.
The hair can sometimes be a burden , particularly if they moult greatly or have noisy hair (coarse hair is noisy for the client believe it or not)
Whilst it is nice to have the hair captured and combed through with the fingers, you will be able to adapt your own I am sure.
The advantage of using a beautiful scalp nourishing oil will be a plus as non of us with hair want oil applied purposefully to the scalp during an Indian head treatment.
Charge the same amount, and do it for the same timings and I think you'll enjoy the experience.

Just go for more actual hands on, tempering the lightness or depth of pressure and technique as though you were on the skin elsewhere on the body or face. Spend longer on the acupressure points and maybe longer on the shoulder manoeuvres.
The hair can sometimes be a burden , particularly if they moult greatly or have noisy hair (coarse hair is noisy for the client believe it or not)
Whilst it is nice to have the hair captured and combed through with the fingers, you will be able to adapt your own I am sure.
The advantage of using a beautiful scalp nourishing oil will be a plus as non of us with hair want oil applied purposefully to the scalp during an Indian head treatment.
Charge the same amount, and do it for the same timings and I think you'll enjoy the experience.
Thank you for this advice x

Latest posts

Back