Indian head Massage & seated massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
Hi
I'm training in both Indian head and seated massage at the end of this month and am wondering if anyone knows of any good suppliers for a chair.

I'm a mobile therapist and I've been told this type will be the best for me:
Brand New Indian Head Massage Chair Black on eBay (end time 17-Apr-11 14:00:09 BST)

I'm ready to buy the chair but as I'm new to massage I dont know of any suppliers or where to start looking other than e-bay.

Any advice or pointers will be greatfully received.

you dont need any speciality chair for Indian head massage.

I got a chair for seated massage off ebay.

you dont need any speciality chair for Indian head massage.

I got a chair for seated massage off ebay.

I have a couch ready for Swedish full body (which I'm also learning) but want the chair as I'm mobile and lots of people dont really have room for the couch.

Whenever I've had IHM I've always sat in one of the chairs I posted. I did see someone doing it with client sat backward on a dining chair (so they faced the back of the chair and leaned on to that) but they didnt look as comfy as in the propper chair.

Those chairs are good for IHM but are bloody heavy!! I do mobile and not taken my chair for a while - you need a massage after humping it up 3 flights of stairs..:irked: lol

Have you thought about these Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Black Desk Indian Head Massage Chair

would be a lot lighter to carry as even the lightweight chairs are really not light. As long as your client has a table you will be ok - you can always take your own fold up chair if they dont have any..

That's a seated massage chair. You can use any chair for IHM, preferably with a low back if possible. They've got a cheek marketing that as a special IHM chair!!

That's a seated massage chair. You can use any chair for IHM, preferably with a low back if possible. They've got a cheek marketing that as a special IHM chair!!

Thanks for all your replies.

I am doing seated and IHM and that is why I was looking at that type of chair.
I dont want to buy a table top head thing and the seperate chair as I'd probably spend the same kind of money on them and it wouldn't look as professional.
I lug a metal portable massage table about with me now and that weighs more than the chair says it does so I'd still prefer to lug that than the couch.
I'm happy to buy the chair - just wanting to know if I should look somewhere other than e-bay for it and if so where as I would like to order it tomorrow to arrive in time for training - so I have it here to start practicing with asap.

You can use it for both IHM and seated massage as you can the 'proper' big chair as in baggybears link.

The chairs you are looking at on e-bay look like they will do the job just as well as any chair you can get at the wholesalers or traders. I got mine from e-bay a few years ago (about 5-6) and its still going strong. Think mine weighs about the same as my couch but because its bulky when in its carrying bag its just a bit awkward for carrying around, but it can be done!

Just hope that you dont get any clients who live on the 3rd floor of an apartment with no lift as I did haha. :green:

You can use it for both IHM and seated massage as you can the 'proper' big chair as in baggybears link.

The chairs you are looking at on e-bay look like they will do the job just as well as any chair you can get at the wholesalers or traders. I got mine from e-bay a few years ago (about 5-6) and its still going strong. Think mine weighs about the same as my couch but because its bulky when in its carrying bag its just a bit awkward for carrying around, but it can be done!

Just hope that you dont get any clients who live on the 3rd floor of an apartment with no lift as I did haha. :green:

Thankfully there are no flats without lifts where I live and all of my present clients live in houses that are easy to access.

If I ever had a client that lived somewhere awkward I would try to get them to come to me or get my other half to carry the kit in for me lol. Then text him as I'm finished and start packing up so he can come carry it back to the car lol.

Just found these so now it's between these 3.
But not sure of the companys or if there are any differences in the chairs (as they are named differently):

Orchid Athena Massage Chair - White [Orchid Athena Massage Chair - WhiteFully adjustable4cm high density paddingNon-staining PVC coveringFully water and oil resistantStrong but light weight frameMemory foam face cradleAdjustable face cradleFolds down

Tahiti Ruby Red Massage Chair [Tahiti Ruby Red Massage Chair FREE Carry Bagheight adjustableno stain pvc leather coveringLightweight aluminium frame4cm thick high density foamFREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY] - £49.99 : Sport & Leisure UK, Trampolines, outdoor

Brand New Indian Head Massage Chair Black on eBay (end time 17-Apr-11 14:00:09 BST)

I'm leaning towards the Red one. It's the cheapest but I like the colour and they all seem to have the same things - all weigh 9kg, all pvc covered, all with free bag, all fold away, all adjustable etc - I cant see any difference in them (other than colour lol).

So has anyone had any dealings with sportandleisureuk.com?

I'm itching to order the massage chair but am trying to be cautious and check the company out as I've not had any dealings with them and dont know anyone who has.

Well as no-one seemed to have anything to add I've ordered the red chair.

I'm all excited now. Cant wait for it to arrive. :)

Just thought I'd let everone know I ordered the chair late on Mon night and had confirmation that my order had been posted out by next day courier on Tuesday morning and the chair arrived as planned on Wed morning.

I'm very, very happy with it. Cant wait until Wed now for my training.

:biggrin::p:biggrin::p

Prob a bit later but thought I would post what i use. I have a low back chair that I use for IHM and i have a seated massage couch from ebay, never had any problems with is. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back