Indian Head Massage When Pregnant ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Quick question can you have an indian head massage when your pregnant ?

Hi There ,
Its not a contra-indication , but special care is required . I wouldn't carry out this treatment in the first 3 months of pregnancy, always check that their blood pressure is ok ie very high or very low . And always fill in a client record card with them and ask them to sign before you carry out the treatment .And give them aftercare advice before they leave .
Hope this helps good luck

Thanks, I don't actually do indian head massage, i will be the client lol :green:

Indian Head Massage was my last unit at college, and i was 8 months pregnant when i did that unit, and therefore had loads of IH massages (and carried out loads with BIG bell in way - lol). Just make sure you don't feel dizzy when you have completed the treatment, and be aware of the need to hydrate and relax following the treatment. Treatments such as this are often very beneficial for mum and baby. Be aware of any oils use that are contraindicated - nut oils in history of allergy etc.

Hi

I don't give any complementary treatments during the first trimester and make sure that the client has spoken to their GP, midwife or health visitor first.

If you havent had your Indian Head massage yet, some people use Aromatherapy oils when they do Indian Head, and quite a few shouldnt be used on pregnant women. So be aware of that, Indian head can be performed over clothing without oil, which actually feels really nice.

Latest posts

Back