Indian head massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I am not trained in massage but may decide to in the future. There's a training provider near me that offers VTCT Indian head massage training (which would count towards my Level 3 should I decide to do it).

It's a service I've always wanted to be able to do, but now I'm in business and have spent so much on other training and products I also have to be realistic and consider whether it's viable in a business sense!

- How many people do you get who just want IHM?
- Do you offer it as an add-on to facials etc?
- How long are your IHM treatments and, if you don't mind sharing, what do you charge?

I was thinking it would be a good special offer - free Xminute IHM with your facial - but it will also have to work as a treatment in its own right.

Any advice appreciated! x

Hi

I offer IHM as an add-on to my facials and also as a treatment in the workplace, which I have found to be very popular as it doesn't involve having to lug a massage chair around with me. The workplace treatment is usually 15 mins and for a home treatment then it is 45 mins plus consultation. Charges vary in the workplace but I charge £30 for a home treatment which includes an oil as I work on the client's back, neck and shoulders too. For the facials, then it is included in the cost of the facial. I did the VTCT course (few years back now) and found it very thorough - i really enjoyed it.

I LOVE giving Indian Head Massage and most weeks it is my most popular treatment.

I do it a few different ways - I do have an on-site chair so I can do it at events and in the workplace (through clothes, no oil) but my absolute favourite is on a massage bed.

It's a great add on to a facial but it does stand alone as a face massage, head massage and then turn over for a back, neck and shoulder massage. I do this as a 45 min (ish!) treatment with oil and I charge £18. I am mobile and have a treatment room at home.
I also do this at Pamper Parties (very popular) and get lots of great feedback about it.

It's always a great little add on to anything & if you take a stall at a fair for example.

Let us know what you decide and how you get along

Claire

Thanks guys! So on the VTCT IHM course do you learn back, neck and shoulder too? x

Thanks guys! So on the VTCT IHM course do you learn back, neck and shoulder too? x

I did the VTCT course about 8 years ago and I learnt to do back neck shoulder and face massage, as well as the scalp and chakras and relevant A&P. The course was six months as we had to go away and do case studies as well. We learnt it with oils (although I don't use them for the office IHM). But I'm not sure if it has changed since then though.

We learnt face, scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and arms, routine takes about 45 mins and includes chakra balancing :)

We learnt face, scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and arms, routine takes about 45 mins and includes chakra balancing :)

oh yes, sorry, I forgot the arms!!

Sounds great! Definitely going on my 2011 training wishlist! Thanks for all your help x

Latest posts

Back