Indicators of a NSS (split from other topic)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindag

Reaction score

Just as an FYI, this was part of another thread that got way off topic so I split it. - The geek.

Hi Alex,

Don't give up I used to have a lifting problem too and my problem was I was not doing a good enough prep. Read the Nail Geeks tutoral on the perfect prep and if you are already following this exactly its not your prep it something else but I would say it might be the lack for Scrub Fresh.

Let me know how you get on and best of luck

naturalnails said:
The trouble with nail biters is they generally have a lot of overgrown cuticle skin on the nail plate so you need to spend more time on your prep to make sure it is all removed. Any itsy bitsy bit left will cause lifting.

As has already been said they need to be seen weekly to start with and have their nails very short.

The nails you described that were done elsewhere were not necessarily good but they may have been done using MMA and mechanical means of adhesion. Ask your client if the technicians all wore masks, used e-files, large brushes and if the nail products smelt very strong - all of the above together may be an indication.
fiona this post is terrible

Hiya

Going back to what Mr Geek said about scrub fresh i find it more effective now i am using the web like pads i got from the osns, i used lint free full pads before. The webbing seems to help cleanse better, just a thought. :cry: oww it hurts when i do that..... think that is...... :rolleyes:

naturalnails said:
The trouble with nail biters is they generally have a lot of overgrown cuticle skin on the nail plate so you need to spend more time on your prep to make sure it is all removed. Any itsy bitsy bit left will cause lifting.

As has already been said they need to be seen weekly to start with and have their nails very short.

The nails you described that were done elsewhere were not necessarily good but they may have been done using MMA and mechanical means of adhesion. Ask your client if the technicians all wore masks, used e-files, large brushes and if the nail products smelt very strong - all of the above together may be an indication.

mui said:

You are so right Fiona and as the Geek said good points,

Nail biters cuticles are the worst as the saliva hardens the cuticle area and make the skin over grow something terrible........
I have a nail biters program where they come to the salon, the week before their enhancments and have a fab Manicure....then I send them on their way with a bottle of cuticle remover and solar oil...get them to use it every night at bedtime, as this softens and removes the hard skin.....Then when they come back,I do another manicure, I power prep the nails, keep the enhancements very short...............and they come or a weekly check and tidy up in between their regular maintenance.......

As Fiona said they may have used MMA, and may have prepped the nail with an e-file rather then using safe products to prepare the nail for enhancements......and if the monomer had a very strong unpleasant odour it may have been MMA......but like Fiona said it may have been the case...may, meaning it is possible that this is the case......

As it is very rare to get a nail biter not to have any lifting at all after 3 weeks due to the increased rate of nail growth.............
A badly bitten nail will want to regrow at a much faster rate then a non biters nail............ It's the human way of repairing it self............

So any non lifting after 3 weeks is more likely to be down to all the points that Fiona made........... and not safe code of practice...whether they where applied by a German, Thai, Korean, British, Irish or any other not included nationality Nail Techncian, it is still NSS no matter what language...........

mui said:

mui

can you please explain why you think what fiona wrote is terrible because i don't understand :?: :confused:

naturalnails said:

Wearing mask using e files large brush liquid smelt very strong .

Many many techs wear mask what does not smell strong to one person smells strrong to another some techs have problem with the smalest dust .

Many Many techs use e files i know a cnd master tech that has just finished school learning how to use e file in America many will and are follow .

Large brush many many techs use large brush if you look on the internet you will find uo to size 18 we have just bought 2 size 16 we do not use mma .

Liquid could have smelt very strong to some people oderless liquid will smell strong .

Alex has problem with lifting not with 1 customer the nail biter but many but because geeg was not online you have given a lot of worthless advice about mma and the nail biter.

Whatever alex is doing wrong she is repeating all the time i am SURE that if she sat with liza smith for 1 or 2 hours in 1-1 she will find out what she is doing wrong .

I still think that fiona post was terrible because as i speak nothing points to mma use and the thread had no mention of mma b4 it was about alex having lifting problems .

To finish you do not know how bad the nail biter was because nobody saw the nails before enhancement .

It cheap talk about MMA with no proof that will drive your customers away from doing enhancements in the end up to you .

Mui from Thailand

crazy'n'creative said:
mui

can you please explain why you think what fiona wrote is terrible because i don't understand :?: :confused:

Iwear a mask i have just ordered e file i did a 10 day 80 hour course i have 2 size 16 brushes on my nail table .

i think that my liquid smells strong but the 3 bottles of ezflow liqiuds not on 1 of them does it say mma .

So all the points are wrong about maybe mma use .

About the nail biter i did a set of nails on a lady own resturant here she has had infills no lifting and her nails are growing nice under the enhancement the reason she had enhancements was because she think her nails make her hands look so bad and we did not use mma.

Fionas post give everybody who use mask e file large brush and strong smell liquid a bad name so it was a terrible post .

mui from Thailand

Hiya Mui,
I woulnt take Fionas post personally, She said this;
may have been done using MMA and mechanical means of adhesion. Ask your client if the technicians all wore masks, used e-files, large brushes and if the nail products smelt very strong
all of the above together may be an indication.
An indication of MMA USE doesnt necessarly mean that this techs are using mma does it.
I dont think it was meant to offend anyone.

Sorry Mui, if I upset you by my post.

However, I only speak with experience of the UK market and in my experience of the UK salons. If ALL of the above were present then it MAY be an indication of MMA use.

The point of the message I was referring to was about the nails being done elsewhere and staying on and Alex wanting to aspire to do nails as good as those, not necesarily the problems with a nail biter.

It appears that experiences of UK techs are different to experiences of other International techs.

I would never say anything against e-file users - one of my best friends uses an e-file very safely.

I was slightly upset by your post were you imply that only Geeg gives worthwhile advice.

In this International world of nails, or anything else for that matter, we have to accept that things done in one Country may be different to another.

Personally I found nothing offensive about Fionas post nor did I see anything unfactual or misleading. I suggest you read her original post again.

The Nail Geek said:
Personally I found nothing offensive about Fionas post nor did I see anything unfactual or misleading. I suggest you read her original post again.

I 2 found nothing offensive or misleading in Fionas post even though at times we dont see eye 2 eye :eek: lol I still admire Fiona for her knowledege in the nail business and the advice she passes on to new techs.

Take care Dawnie xx

The Nail Geek said:

sawasdee ka

of course i will not be offended fiona why would i be offended you not offend me never .

I just had my mind that the mask e file large brush strong smell liquid do not give any indication to use of mma they do not go together.

mma in a bottle does.

Never will 1 of my post be to offend any body i just think that geeg would have give advice about the problem so alex can do better and not have a problem and make good many time i have had a problem and come look this site and make something better next time .

Ruth i not make post because thai girl i make post because i say for last time e file mask large brush strong liquid no indication to mma .

I would feel terrible if some body think i use mma becuase i wear a mask and other .

mui from Thailand

sawasdee ka

in about 2 to 4 years time most of you will be using e files if creative start to teach e file tomorrow you will using sooner .

if you see expert nail tech use e file like i have lady learnt in america for 5 years make nail has 2 salons in america 1 in bangkok you will know that you dont have to make drill damage if you use good you can make as much damage with a hand file if you do not use the right way .

mask large brush strong smell liquid do not give any indication to use of mma you made me say again .

and i am not offended i weould be offended if some body speak mui use mask large brush e file strong smell liquid so she must use mma .

if you are going to educate customers or people about salons use mma you must have fact right and i am sorry but you are wrong about your indication .

Mui from Thailand

Dawnie said:
I 2 found nothing offensive or misleading in Fionas post even though at times we dont see eye 2 eye :eek: lol I still admire Fiona for her knowledege in the nail business and the advice she passes on to new techs.

Take care Dawnie xx

sawasdee ka dawnie

If i was to post Dawnie does not use a mask an e file large brush strong smell liquid so it is an indication to Dawnie use mma .

Would my post be you speak misleading .

what is the difference in this post there are i dont know how many millions of nail tech around the world use mask and e files and is very very very misleading to put with mma .

it is wrong and very very very misleading .

mui

mui

I am sorry but your posts are upsetting maybe i have read them wrong but they are upsetting to me

in about 2 to 4 years time most of you will be using e files if creative start to teach e file tomorrow you will using sooner .

No mui i am sorry but i have a mind of my own and i don't use things just because other people do.

crazy'n'creative said:
mui

I am sorry but your posts are upsetting maybe i have read them wrong but they are upsetting to me

No mui i am sorry but i have a mind of my own and i don't use things just because other people do.

So you could explaine the mask e files large brush strong smell liquid had any indication to mma so you pick out 1 line from 40 lines of post and take it wrong way .

If you can explaine that mask e files large brush strong smell liquid is indication to mma use tell me i want to know tell me why a mask e file large brush strong smell liquid is mma salon .

Because the liquid on your nail table has a strong smell and nail companys web sites are full of e files ezflow sell a e file for about 600 american dollars not because they can not sell them nail techs want them if you go sit with some body that can use 1 very good you will know why if you look at america many nail techs are going to learn how to use e files and using them now .

There is nothing wrong with e files mask large brush and strong smell liquid and the use will never indicate use of mma only lady speak bad about another nail tech .

E files bad nails mma mask mma large brush mma strong smell liquid mma .

It is wrong but that only what i think .

Mui

Hi Mui,
You are right that just because it may be an indication does not mean that it is the case. However, those are indications that MMA may be in use in the salon. What other criteria should the general public watch for before they have their nails done? No one wants 'false positive' guidelines... that’s why the keyword 'may' was mentioned. Saying that... it is still indicative of salons using MMA. Let's face it... many use MMA with small brushes and no masks. Once again... that’s why people say 'may'.

Until MMA detection kits are available at your local supermarket for a buck... chances are these are the type of unfortunate implications that may be made.

As per the drill comment, there are no safety concerns regarding e file usage in the hands of a trained professional as long as they are not touching the natural nail plate (sorry guys, but you will never get me to concede that it is safe to use an e-file on the natural nail plate).
Creative has no objections to safe drill usage, nor do Designer Nails. In fact, I met with Doug, Vicki Peters and Nancy King of the AEFM last year to take part in discussion over their education and approach to educating nail technicians that choose to safely use drills. This isn’t because CND wants to do any kind of e-files, but rather that we want to work with organisations such as the AEFM to ensure that they are being used safely by those that choose to use them.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Sawasdee ka

I did read artical on mma and you speak b4 that mask and dust mask do not indicate the use of mma some techs use mask that do not use mma i am 1 of them .

I read on beautytech today opi b4 them sell mma test kit for 20 dollars but she not sure if them sell now .

I wear a mask because i do not like the smell of any ema liquid i have a big brush because i see 1 being use and want try and i want e file because i think is good not to file mma.

I use ezflow liquid it smells but i like the set with oderless i did not find same with oderless i do not wear mask .

For a long time i think it is bad to speak about nss or mma about somebody when you not know that salon do something bad for sure .

I know about nails in your country i have friend sister there now she make visa and she go to romfod exsex and visit many salon speak me about some things nails your country.

today make me want to put big brush mask monomer in black bag because i not want some body think i do some thing no good with mma but if i not have mask i maybe sick .

I am sorry to make this thread no good and alex want help with lifting maybe very good if master tech have time not live far can go sit and show her how to make better .

Mui from Thailand

mui said:
Sawasdee ka
I read on beautytech today opi b4 them sell mma test kit for 20 dollars but she not sure if them sell now .

According to Paul Bryson (R&D at OPI), they discontinued as there were too many false positives. I thought the kits were great so it was unfortunate that it did not work out.

I wear a mask because i do not like the smell of any ema liquid i have a big brush because i see 1 being use and want try and i want e file because i think is good not to file mma.

If you use an e-file then its a pretty good idea to wear a mask if you have no other means for extraction. As far as preventing EMA inhalation... there really are not any masks that can help too much with that as the vapour is too small to be trapped in standard dust masks. It may help a tad with the odour only because you will be smelling the mask too ;)

For a long time i think it is bad to speak about nss or mma about somebody when you not know that salon do something bad for sure .
I know what you are saying here, but most people only comment when they have seen the aftermath of a NSS. Thats why people only say that certain things are characteristic (but not absolute) indicators of a NSS using MMA.

today make me want to put big brush mask monomer in black bag because i not want some body think i do some thing no good with mma but if i not have mask i maybe sick .
I wouldnt really worry too much about it... I personally think you should investigate a really good extraction system. That way you would never have to worry about masks ;)
On that note... I hope you dont think that EMA vapouors will make you sick as it would take a hell of a lot more vapour exposure then you will probably ever be exposed too :D

I am sorry to make this thread no good and alex want help with lifting maybe very good if master tech have time not live far can go sit and show her how to make better .

Dont sweat it Mui... since I am the Grand Master Geek... I am splitting this thread into its very own ;)

I guess by now we all know the point that Mui is trying to get accross.

She has worked VERY hard to start her business in nails and has big hopes for the future of her business and has put everything she has into it to make it the best it can be, for herself and for her collegues and family. It can sometimes therefore be a bit irritating when one generalises about things. I for one still find it irritating when people generalise about Americans like they are all 'this way' or 'that way', and I think, "I'm not like that at all". ??? Who are they taliking about?

Anyhoo ... as Samuel says, people need some indication of what to look for when trying to suss out a NSS. Fiona's points are all things we have talked about on this site for ages. So simmer down girls and understand that feathers can be easily ruffled .... and hopefully no friendships lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back