Individual lash extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyMichelle

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like some advice as I am looking to get training to apply individual lash extensions in the next month.

I am aware that some brands such as lash perfect provide both training and kit, however I believe it is also possible to get training and then buy kits separately.

I have 4 main questions that I'm looking for guidance on through discussion on the forum:

1. What company is known to provide the best training, within reason money isn't really an issue so keen to make sure I use the best company. Are there any that I should specifically stay away from?
2. Which brands do you use and think have the best kits, glues and lashes etc?
3. Should I use same kit provider as training or it is ok to get trained then choose where I get the lashes and glue from. Should I use the same make of glue as lashes, or can you use different brands of each together?
4. Does the training I choose have any impact on the liability insurance i will need to get?

Appreciate these may seem simple questions, but this is the start of my venture and I want to make sure that my investment in training and product is made with as much knowledge as possible.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE="
1. What company is known to provide the best training, within reason money isn't really an issue so keen to make sure I use the best company. Are there any that I should specifically stay away from?
3. Should I use same kit provider as training or it is ok to get trained then choose where I get the lashes and glue from. Should I use the same make of glue as lashes, or can you use different brands of each together?
4. Does the training I choose have any impact on the liability insurance i will need to get?

Any comments greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi Michelle,

This is a great topic and one that is not easy but i will try and simplify it. I am newly qualified so my tips are the following:

1)Stick to a Lash school that ONLY trains in lashes,that way you get more out of your training and they are likely to run more courses on different levels meaning you can go back there and train in Volume and advanced techniques which you will need to be a well rounded Lash Artist avoid places that only do ONE lash course like CLASSIC only bit NO volume as you will have to train AGAiN elsewhere.
Depending on where you live and how far you are willing to travel for training.Also aftercare/support. A lot offer support via facebook etc.
Your choice depends on your needs but i must say it is a lot of info to learn and it is worth investing in a good foundation.Social media is a good litmus test to what skills you value most so visiting their page or website will give you a feel for their brand.Another tip is looking at their work and see if you like the look of it.
Lashes is not a walk in the park because a lot of these courses cover only the application as if we all hail from the beauty world but forget about regular folks who want a career change and are NEW to beauty so it is important to choose well. Will you be mobile or in a salon all of that will determine the level of training you will need.

Prices range for a Classic from £165- £400 it depends if you train as a group (4-6 people) or you do a one to tone which will be more but in my opinion worth it as you get exclusive attention from your trainer.
The schedule of lessons are broken into two parts Theory and practical and each place as their own way.
You may practice on a mannequin head after theory and then a live model (which you may have to source yourself or they may help at a fee OR you practice on each other but miss out on the lesson as you are lying down lol). It is up to you but that is the general training sessions.You also receive a manual in most courses.

2)&3)
Brand wise it is a good idea to start off with the kit you train with as you are getting familiar with so much and will have an opportunity to try other tools later. Be aware that certain brands may want you to represent their brand exclusively after training so make sure you read carefully but the majority are not set on you using their kit.Using different tools and glues is normal and important to try what works for you.Most courses do come with a kit it is helpful to practice your case studies.

4)Schools/Training academies are more likely to be accredited which will enable you to gain insurance.
Two options you either get insurance only or you gain a membership to a governing body and insurance. It depends on your needs, i personally have insurance only as i am new and just want to get on with it.

I hope that helps ,i am passionate about training as that is where it all starts and i rushed mine:oops::( and i will have to do further training to learn Volume& other skills as i know my Beginner Classic course is not enough.It is vital to read a lot even after the course to make the most of it and practice loads.

If any one else has anything to add regarding how you chose your training please join in!

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like some advice as I am looking to get training to apply individual lash extensions in the next month.

I am aware that some brands such as lash perfect provide both training and kit, however I believe it is also possible to get training and then buy kits separately.

I have 4 main questions that I'm looking for guidance on through discussion on the forum:

Appreciate these may seem simple questions, but this is the start of my venture and I want to make sure that my investment in training and product is made with as much knowledge as possible.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Who did you do your training with in the end? In the same position as you now!

Who did you do your training with in the end? In the same position as you now!

I trained with Gateway which was good and enabled me to get up and running.They offer nationwide courses.

They don't do Volume Training, so I have to train elsewhere for that.

Last edited:
I would book training with a kit you will need this to get on with case studies and so the trainer can give you the best out of the course. I recommend Flirties x

Latest posts

Back