Individual lash newbie - stressed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rj191

Reaction score
Just qualified last week & have only done a couple of clients to practice on. I know practice makes perfect but i just cannot get to grips with lashes sticking together!!! First client the glue seemed to stick to the pad underneath, second client the pad slipped down and i glued her bottom lashes up [emoji27] so frustrating how do i stop this!

Did you have the same issue during your case studies or did everything go well then and it has only changed now?
Are you still using the same adhesive as in your training and how many models have you done since the training day?

I did one client on training day and one client today thats it, happened with both. Have to say i wasn’t impressed with the trainer she didnt help much or advise when this happened [emoji58][emoji22]

Ah, sorry, I thought you had to do case studies to help you gain experience with the support of the trainer. So basically you got your certificate and now you are supposed to do the treatment without anyone supporting you? :(
Are you isolating the neighbouring lashes when you place the extension? And are you then holding it for a while? That way you should be ok and not get any stickies. Once you have placed one, try and go to the other eye or another area so you dont place the next one near the first lash if that makes sense? x

PS No wonder you feel stressed! There is so much to take in on the training day so dont be too hard on yourself! xx

Yep thats it! I don’t work in a salon anymore either so all on my own! I have another set booked in tomorrow and feeling so so nervous and stressed about it.
Yes trying to isolate the lashes but feel as though its sticking that one last down onto the pad. Yep doing one then going to another section x

Remember to not put lashes straight next to each other and change sections, when you place the lash wait a few seconds before letting go with the isolation tweezers so it is drier and won’t stick to the lash next to it. Also make sure you aren’t picking up too much glue as this will cause clumping.

With the isolation tweezers be careful not to rest it on the lid as this pushes it down towards the pad and then will stick when you place your lash.

Thank you, i am doing all of that, maybe i need to watch how much glue i am using. They are just sticking to the pads underneath x

Yep thats it! I don’t work in a salon anymore either so all on my own! I have another set booked in tomorrow and feeling so so nervous and stressed about it.
Yes trying to isolate the lashes but feel as though its sticking that one last down onto the pad. Yep doing one then going to another section x
If you are working on your own and you feel you are not confident yet it might be worth seeing if you can get some tutoring? Especially if your trainer isnt helping it might be worth having someome look over your shoulder to give you tips and tricks so you can start on the right foot x

Have you tried the “taping method” I find if my clients have straight lashes I lightly tape on their upper lid and pull lightly ontop of the eyebrow to slightly lift the lid to show the lashes more without actually opening the eye? There’s loads of YouTube tutorials on it. Also make sure your applying the glue to the lash correctly and don’t cover too much of the lash and make sure no bubbles of glue on there when your applying it. Try looking at your glue for it’s setting time I use a glue with 1-2 second setting time and ensure I’ve isolated properly and have no problems with stickies now I’ve practiced enough I actually use 3 different tweeezers for each set as I find works best for me. Hope any of this helps x

Thank you, i have just purchased some tape so i will definitely give that a go. The trainer mentioned this but didnt even show us! Thanks for your help x

If the lashes are sticking to the pad underneath they will also probably stick to the tape. Best thing is check the amount of glue you are using, pull the extension through the adhesive slowly if it’s too fast then you will end up with too much glue on the extension, there should be no blobs of glue on the extension. When you place your order extension lashes onto the natural lashes place it gently making sure your isolation is really nice and clean, when you place it don’t press down onto the pad because it will stick. Remember you can place on top , at the side or even under the natural lash as long as it’s stuck, make sure you hold it in place if your glue is a little slow to start, place one lash ineach section of your lash map if you’ve been shown this (it really helps) and gives the lash time to dry rather than placing next to the last lash you placed (this usually ends in stickies at first. Hope this helps you x

Latest posts

Back