Individual lashes or volume lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiki-uk

Reaction score
Hi,
I offer normal individual lashes and express lashes, but now I have seen how popular volume lashes are becoming. If I'm honest I'm not a fan of the finished look, I find them a bit too full and a bit much, BUT if there is a big call for them then I will look into training in them aswell......just wondering what others thoughts are? :)

I know it's not the answer I'm just newly qualified to do individual semi permanent eyelashes

Do you have to sit another course for volume lashes or 3D etc? Thanks:)

I was considering doing the russian volume training also, but after considering the time it would take to do them, and therefore the cost i would have to charge to clients, not many people wanted to pay that much. I think if you do a very good set of normal eyelash extensions then they can look just as nice! X

I believe you do have to do separate training as they are applied differently. :)

Yeah I think I'm going to stick with normal individual lashes....please nobody hate me but I can find the volume ones a little too drag queen, :s lol

Volume lashes can look natural to ridiculous these are all Russian volume, you need to do a seperate course you're right. Have a look at Flirties for beginners or advanced courses

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458422125.664342.jpg

There is a big call for it and you do charge a lot more because of the extra time it takes but it's worth it money wise.
So you don't ruin their lashes and it's a completely different technique you need proper volume training- YouTube doesn't cut it.
The really fluffy volume can have up to 7 lashes per eye, but just as clients can want really long lashes thy can also want that look. It's catering to your clients, not your personal preference.
A good volume course will show how to price the different options. It's worth it, but a lot of work until you become proficient and can do a volume set in 2 hours.

I'm also looking at doing further training and doing the volume lash technique. No one in my area offers it. Drag queen or not I really like the effect. If I had these done I wouldn't need much make up in the morning lol. Just a shame I can't do my own!

Anyone know of any decent volume lash courses in Scotland?

Volume lashes are huge!!! And would recommend anyone thats already trained in individual lashes to take the leap and book a course.

Yes volume can be very thick - But they can also be very natural which people don't realise. They are amazing for clients with gappy lashes or need correction.
We take 2 hours to do a set in salon. And you charge more for your time. People pay it because they want the look.

We do training in Bedfordshire - Get in touch if need any advice xx

Hi,
I offer normal individual lashes and express lashes, but now I have seen how popular volume lashes are becoming. If I'm honest I'm not a fan of the finished look, I find them a bit too full and a bit much, BUT if there is a big call for them then I will look into training in them aswell......just wondering what others thoughts are? :)

Volume extensions are MASSIVE everywhere apart from UK. it seem that it's only just becoming popular here!

FRO
I was considering doing the russian volume training also, but after considering the time it would take to do them, and therefore the cost i would have to charge to clients, not many people wanted to pay that much. I think if you do a very good set of normal eyelash extensions then they can look just as nice! X

A full set of even the fullest natural lashes takes up to 3 hours. If you are really good it may even take less but it will never take any less then 2 hours, there is simply no way anyone can apply it quicker, not if you apply them to each and every of natural lashes as you should be doing. It costs at least £70 in salons and you can easily charge £50 at home. That's over £20 p/h, not bad to say it only costs you around £3

I'm also looking at doing further training and doing the volume lash technique. No one in my area offers it. Drag queen or not I really like the effect. If I had these done I wouldn't need much make up in the morning lol. Just a shame I can't do my own!

Anyone know of any decent volume lash courses in Scotland?
Flirties do volume lash training in Scotland. There is already a trainer in Inverness and I will soon be offering it in Central Scotland xx

Latest posts

Back