Induction day! 6th of June

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezzababy

Reaction score
Got a letter from college today, have to go in on the 6th to meet my class, receive my uniform and kit!!

EXCITED!!

You wouldn't think I was 33 this year, am like a child!

xxx

Last edited:
What are you enrolling on and good luck x

Beauty therapy VRQ level 2

xx

Hi

I enrol on the 5th July for NVQ 2 hairdressing (part time evening) soooooo excited! Hard work but it will hopefully be worth it!!

xx

Hi

I enrol on the 5th July for NVQ 2 hairdressing (part time evening) soooooo excited! Hard work but it will hopefully be worth it!!

xx

Good luck with it, my friend is on her 3rd year hairdressing, she loves it, in fact, we did trade for trade last night, I bought my products, she did my highlights and I gave her a spray tan.

Good luck Hun sure you will enjoy it.

xxxx

Thanks and you! I cant wait to get started!

x

Beauty therapy VRQ level 2

xx

Hey. Have you been told what you will be doing on the induction day. I got my letter to tell me when my induction day is and all iv been told is to take a pen and paper. Thanks x

Best of luck and enjoy it. I was like that too when I went last year to do nails. I loved it. I'm also in my 30s. Well later 30s lol.

Hey. Have you been told what you will be doing on the induction day. I got my letter to tell me when my induction day is and all iv been told is to take a pen and paper. Thanks x

I imagine each college is different. Mine is on the 28th (not on the 22nd like I posted on the NVQ thread. They told me the 22nd on the phone but emailed after to say 28th so I have to wait loooonger booo lol).

If in doubt, give them a wee call to see what they require for the day :)

Update!

Was at college yesterday, got my timetable, am in college Monday's and Tuesday's, from 9-8 each day! I don't care that it's a long day, I want to start now!

We had to do a core skills test, got on ok (I think)

Starting on the 27th can't wait!!

How you ladies getting on?

xxxx

Ohh they might be long, but great for u being able to go out and do stuff with the rest of the week! Id love that! It would mean I could still work 24hrs a week in my part time jobs to keep my tax credits ok. So id love it if mine turn out like that :D

Re core skills, we need to have a GCSE in English, Math and IT to get out of them... I have English and Math but I didnt do IT 11 yrs ago when I did my GCSE's!!! It wasn't an option! But I am so good on a PC and it naffs me off I need to do 1 hr a week on IT skills :twisted:

Ohh they might be long, but great for u being able to go out and do stuff with the rest of the week! Id love that! It would mean I could still work 24hrs a week in my part time jobs to keep my tax credits ok. So id love it if mine turn out like that :D

Re core skills, we need to have a GCSE in English, Math and IT to get out of them... I have English and Math but I didnt do IT 11 yrs ago when I did my GCSE's!!! It wasn't an option! But I am so good on a PC and it naffs me off I need to do 1 hr a week on IT skills :twisted:

Well that's what I thought. I have a higher in communication intermediate 2 in numeracy and IT but still had to sit the test yesterday. Have to take a copy of my qualifications with me and show them the day I start so I can hopefully skip those three classes.

xxx

I actually have NO idea where my qualifications are lol. The college are looking into if my degree will qualify me as having passed the GCSE's as I would have needed to pass them to get my degree doh!

Fingers crossed I can find my degree certificate when I clear the garage out this week!

I actually have NO idea where my qualifications are lol. The college are looking into if my degree will qualify me as having passed the GCSE's as I would have needed to pass them to get my degree doh!

Fingers crossed I can find my degree certificate when I clear the garage out this week!

Bit of a pain, hope you find them. Keep us posted how you get on on your induction.

xxx

I HAD to do English level 1 again even though I have got gcse's because my gcse's are 15 years old. Apparently anything over 5 years and you have to do key skills again!

Latest posts

Back