Indulgence...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
How do you indulge yourself... perhaps we geeks spend so much time indulging others we forget about ourselves..

For me my perfect indulgence is made up of this....

a chilled bottle (or three) of Orlando/wyndham Estate Chardonnay with a plate of crumbled up whitnors dark chocolate... a fantastic book or a classic movie.. my fluffy blanket and pillow.. plonked on the couch.. with NO ONE ELSE around and the phone off the hook...

Didnt expect that did you? Yes i like beer and chips and gravy.. but i know how to relax in style too!

I think it would be fab if every geek gave themselves a break this coming weekend.. if for no other reason then because they DESERVE IT!
:hug:

hey littlegrohl,

2 ultimate indulgences

No 1: book in for a pedicure, just love, love, love cuticle work.
No 2: bit like you, either a very chilled chardonnay or pinot grigio, Spirit & Destiny magazine, bar of chocolate, salt n vinegar crisps and my laptop to cruise the net.

I have a large glass of port in my hand as we speak, does that count lol

have whats left of half a bottle of cabernet savignon after eating a large plate of homemade turkey meatballs, yum!

A long soak in the bath using Academie Relaxing Bath soak. Candles, chill out music ......... Pure Heaven.

Or a chick flick, candles and a large bar of chocolate.

(can't drink at the mo with ongoing probs with liver, boy am I gonna make up for lost time when I get the all clear! Mind last time I drank a few weeks ago I tripped over a sack truck, knocked myself out, black eye and sprained wrist, so gonna be more careful this time!)

Why,champagne,Moet of course,dressed in some sensual lingerie,in satin sheets and all wrapped up in my husband....while watching Gone with the wind....god i love that film:eek::lol:

A long soak in the bath using Academie Relaxing Bath soak. Candles, chill out music ......... Pure Heaven.

Or a chick flick, candles and a large bar of chocolate.

(can't drink at the mo with ongoing probs with liver, boy am I gonna make up for lost time when I get the all clear! Mind last time I drank a few weeks ago I tripped over a sack truck, knocked myself out, black eye and sprained wrist, so gonna be more careful this time!)
And i hope you are smothering yourself in some Academie creme poudree corps afterwards Sassy:!::green:

No kids...
No hubby...
No phone...
No interupptions whatsoever...

A good book...
Lots of chocolate...coke zero...and nibbleys....
Tons of magazines... Glossies...weeklies....OK! and Hello!
My laptop for surfing....
Raining outside...dark...drearie and windy...

Alas...this weekend it will not happen as I will be on a plane UK bound on Saturday...and shopping at Salford Quays on Sunday...

Maybe in the year 2020 I will get my Indulgence Day....

Favourite Indulgence:
Spending hours comfy on the couch with a great book. Boring eh?

Going for a good back massage or a Reflexology treatment, I can honestly say I havent got time to indulge myself anymore! :cry:

I would love to curl up on the sofa on my own, kids in bed, hubby out and just relax, but it never happens!

Oh well!!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Chocolate, chocolate and perhaps some more chocolate :lick::lick::lick:

i love a hot bubble bath...a glass of peach snaps and lemonade,steak and chips made by my sexy hubby....me and him curled up on sofa with a blanket around us....watching a good horror...aaarrrrhhhhh bliss xxx:green:

Lol when I want some ME time, I watch back to back Prince - Sign O the Times, Under the Cerry Moon, Purple Rain.... Whilst drinking JD & Coke or a Kumula Wine, wrapped in my big soft paisley blanket!!

SLEEP....PJ's.....coffee....I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!

Computer tuned to salongeek, one or two favourite geeks on line, huge glass of cold white wine, ciggies, either in the sun or with the heating full blast - bliss:)

Computer tuned to salongeek, one or two favourite geeks on line, huge glass of cold white wine, ciggies, either in the sun or with the heating full blast - bliss:)
MMMmmm It's times like that I really wish I could smoke in the house :cry:

MMMmmm It's times like that I really wish I could smoke in the house :cry:
I only smoke in the conservatory (under threat of divorce) :green:

I only smoke in the conservatory (under threat of divorce) :green:
I only smoke in the frigging freezing cold, raging winds and if I'm really lucky, it might rain too :lol:
Man, I must really like my evening smoke!

Surprise, surprise, shopping for me....:eek::lol:

Or...

Cuddle up in the sofa with my laptop.. Browsing the net... chit-chatting with friends, browsing for flights or hotels for my next trip, reading hotel-reviews (yes, I am insane, I know...) and geeking...

Or...

A nice meal either with my husband and our son, or only my husband.

Or...

Going out to eat or a cafe. When I lived in Liverpool I learned to like to go to Starbucks on my own with lots of glossy magazines. I could sit there for hours (while my husband was at work and my son at school) and just relax and think how lucky I was!

C.

my chill out is...a hot bath with a lush bubble bar...and the radio on full wack...listening to "disco divas" on century fm.......

or a 6 hour back to back pride and prejudice marathon....on a sunday when the weather is pants outside.....even my boys know the script...and they hate it...pmsl shows how much i watch it...(with tea and lots of chocolate straight out the freezer)

Latest posts

Back