Industry Standards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scu8a8uddy

Reaction score
Does any other salon owners know where I can get hold of some data about what our industry standards are. The sort of thing I'm looking for is the usual stuff like ratios of wages to turnover or average pay rates for top/middle/junior stylists comared to their hairdressing charges.

You know the sort of thing I mean, something to benchmark your business against. Maybe it's out there but I've yet to find anything whether it be for free or even having to buy the info.

You could try Habia. Also The Guild have some info of interest in their Index book which usually comes out about now.

hth

Cheers Sarah.. I'll have a look.

Did you recieve a copy of Guild news? I got mine today and in the beauty index there are some articles about pay and employer/employee contracts and what employees are entitled to for hols/sickpay etc.

Thanks Linzi. It's not so much as info about employees rights and minimum wage etc. but more to do with how my business is doing compared to others in the same industry. Such as...for every £ paid in wages how much turnover should I be looking to do. I have laid out certain guidelines for myself such as
Hairdressers should be earning £30.00/hour
Nail Techs & Beauticians £20.00/hour
I realise that this is all down to what the area's market rate is (ie, if next door is charging £20 for a full set of nails then your are limited a little by this factor) but I would love to get a bigger picture about the cost effectivness of my own business compared to others in the UK.

Nick

Hi
Try your local business link.

Latest posts

Back