Infection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brapip

Reaction score
Just thought I would post this as I am being slated locally for trying to bring awareness & education regarding poor nail services! Am I wrong?!

This is my clients daughters nail. She went to a local salon at Christmas as I was full. I cannot prove anything which is sad as I would like to see them sued for this. How on earth do you prove this is a result of poor care/treatment or even that you visited that salon?

She stated that they were rough with her nails & cuticles. I personally think they must have damaged the eponychium and bacteria got in.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    969.9 KB · Views: 338
Oh my Good God, that poor girl! What happened??

Exactly what I said. She walked into a cheap salon, had her nails done with acrylics and shortly after began to get redness & swelling.

She was in pain so her mum said go back, which she did. Their response was to soak off that nail and reapply (!!!) another!

It got so bad she went to the doctors and had to have antibiotics.

I'm furious as I want to do something about it for her, but have no receipt or proof that the salon caused this. Only that she was fine before she went in!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
It's fine to educate the public etc but in these cases that we see in books etc how can we name & shame those salons who do this and give us good ones a bad reputation with no way of proving?

This is it healing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 105
That's horrific! Looking at the other nails I hate to think what's underneath! I have never seen anything like this in person. We don't have any NSS type salons in our area, it just proves that nail technology is not something to me taken lightly. I hope she does sue the salon. I would go to the press! Let people know what's going on! Can she not contact the local council about the no receipt or anything. Surely something can be done its shocking X

Good god!! I had to look through two fingers. Poor girl!! Unfortunately I'm not sure how you could prove she went there with a trail of receipts, debit/credit card etc :/

That's awful! Poor thing. I don't know what advice to give but she could contact a pro bono lawyer or citizens advice perhaps x

I know I'm furious as I personally know her and this is disgusting. Good suggestions so far. Thank you x

I've never seen anything as bad as that - absolutely shocked!
Definitely one to go to court on. No question.

That is disgusting! And most likely caused by either rough prep around the eponychium or dirty tools or a combination of both! Unfortunately I don't think it's your place to do anything about this for your client, it has to be her who acts instead. If she wanted to pursue this she could take legal advice or trading standards and let them advise her of the correct way to get recompense.

Goodness me that is truly horrendous !

Oh no I'm just advising the family as they are friends of mine. They don't know what to do but want to do something to prevent others suffering similar x

this is horrendous!!!
Poor girl.

It looks like her other nails are doing the same she needs to take them all off! ASAP

I do have an article written on my website about NSS salons that "may" operate in my area as I have seen similar cases such as those from the OP.

One strategy they use is by undercutting more expensive salons (or mobile nail techs) by using cheap gel variants which then the client gets a sensitization problem from the product used which is then exacerbated by over filing and infections, thus causing nail loss.

I do try to educate my clients about these issues and I do emphasize that my products are not from the grey market; i.e, not from Amazon or E-bay, etc.

If they don't want to listen, they will learn the hard way unfortunately and thus spending a bit more on quality will make all the difference!

http://nailsbyjoe.com/fake-gel-products

I'm just starting out and I'm being as cautious as I can be. I had my nails acrylic done for 14 yrs.never seen anything like that. I was going to disinfect both me and cliets hands and nails dehydrator by IBD, Mia Secrect no burn acid free primer xtra Bond Acylic UV Gel, OPI Axxium No- Clean Uv Top Coat, and Supernail Pure Acetone. Are these good products to use. And as far as gel polish is CND the only polish to use? Is AZURE any good? Yichen a polymer powder any good. and Lina uv gel any good. Please someone point me in the right directions so I'm not spending money on products that are harmful.

I don't want one of my clients or myself to look like that poor girl. I pray for a very speeding healing. Just looking at it makes me hurt.

That's is truly horrendous!! Awful.

[Debbie88, post: 2472782, member: 113605"]I'm just starting out and I'm being as cautious as I can be. I had my nails acrylic done for 14 yrs.never seen anything like that. I was going to disinfect both me and cliets hands and nails dehydrator by IBD, Mia Secrect no burn acid free primer xtra Bond Acylic UV Gel, OPI Axxium No- Clean Uv Top Coat, and Supernail Pure Acetone. Are these good products to use. And as far as gel polish is CND the only polish to use? Is AZURE any good? Yichen a polymer powder any good. and Lina uv gel any good. Please someone point me in the right directions so I'm not spending money on products that are harmful.[/QUOTE]

ibd, Mia secret, Opi, CND, ez flow, nsi, crystal nails, there are lots of reputable well know and safe companies that you can purchase products from. Mixing a few different items from different brands is always frowned upon for safety and lonjevity of the products, but most of us use a few things from here and there without problems. The types of infectious diseases that NNS spread are from bad hygene, service, and sometimes products. I personally use Cnd, ez flow, nsi, nouveau nails, crystal nails, ibd, u2, and a bunch of others. I don't mix too much, but if I need a polish or gel polish it does not matter to me, acrylic or gel systems I'm a bit more purist about. I will from time to time use one monomer with a different companies colored polymer, but as to not waste monomer that is already decanted. Its about each personal experience with products. Most of us here would never recommend that sina/Luna UV gel to anyone for clients, its not really regarded as a professional product, all professional lines should have gel polishes not just cnds Shellac. I think you may be speaking of the azature line, and I guess its OK, not a go to for me.hope that helps you.

I can't see the pic?? It shows a pot of glitter???

Latest posts

Back