Infill After 3 Weeks Video

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
Following on from my last fullset video on a nail biter using well-less tips using Illume
Nail Zoo Video Page 15/11/2007 you can click this, then click next to follow on .....

I've done a video of her infill service .... this is actually her 2nd infill, it shows what has happened between the full set and 5 weeks on ..... i'm not silly, I chose Julie becuause her nailplate grows before her free-edge does.

Nonetheless, it shows lack of lifting without any natural nail buffing and the difference 5 weeks can make.

Keep in mind her natural nail has not been filed, buffed or touched with any kind of abrasive at all.

I hope you enjoy and learn something.

Nail Zoo Video Page

links will appear in the top left of your window ...

Nailzoo - that's really impressive.

Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions though? By no means a criticism, just wondering....

When filing zone 3 where the product has grown out you only file zones 2 and 3, and don't appear to touch zone 1. I've always been taught to give the nail a slight file all over, even only when doing an infill. Do you not do this because of the system used and there is no need, or it's just something you don't do?!

Also, the caption that keeps coming up saying - no buffing to the natural nail. Again, something I've always been taught is to remove shine from the natural nail plate, even when infilling, by means of using a soft abrasive, like a white block. Any comments as to why?

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas

xx

Another great vid - her nails look great, as does the Illume range.(and my fave mix so far :green:)

One little thing to change, I think it should say 'seen' in the final caption.

Cheers, keep them coming!!

Nailzoo - that's really impressive.

Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions though? By no means a criticism, just wondering....

When filing zone 3 where the product has grown out you only file zones 2 and 3, and don't appear to touch zone 1. I've always been taught to give the nail a slight file all over, even only when doing an infill. Do you not do this because of the system used and there is no need, or it's just something you don't do?! I file zone 1 when I shorten and taper back.

Also, the caption that keeps coming up saying - no buffing to the natural nail. Again, something I've always been taught is to remove shine from the natural nail plate, even when infilling, by means of using a soft abrasive, like a white block. Any comments as to why? With the product that I use, you don't have to buff the natural nail, the prep products are enough.

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas

xx
hth

Great as always Carl.
And a Merry Christmas to you too:lol::hug::lol::hug:

Brill Carl. I love the way we get to see it all with your vids x
Now is this a similar system to one I know and have seen before on here?
I think it looks great but is totally different to the way I work in the prep dept.
Good result mate:hug:

Brill Carl. I love the way we get to see it all with your vids x
Now is this a similar system to one I know and have seen before on here?
I think it looks great but is totally different to the way I work in the prep dept.
Good result mate:hug:

It's the system/product I have been using for quite some time now "Illume", yeah, the prep is different.

I specifically did this video to show what the nails were like when they came back for an infill and how the clients nails have progressed.

is illume a big brand in australia, or a lesser known one ?

I have a shed load of questions to ask - but it is one oclock in the morning here and I'm tired and want to go to bed! So I will wait tomorrow when I am a bit more on the ball:lol:

It's all good -nothing negative - honest :lol:

One for a teaser though - when are you gonna come to the UK and "do" both mine and Adele's nails??????

Catch you on the flipside :hug:

another great vid,thanks zoo I always enjoy your videos!!

I have a shed load of questions to ask - but it is one oclock in the morning here and I'm tired and want to go to bed! So I will wait tomorrow when I am a bit more on the ball:lol:

It's all good -nothing negative - honest :lol:

One for a teaser though - when are you gonna come to the UK and "do" both mine and Adele's nails??????

Catch you on the flipside :hug:

Mine first, mine first:green::green::green:

Hi Carl , thank you that was a great video and the music was really good I loved it . Its great music for working in a salon .
Just a few questions if you don't mind ,

As you are working with this product does it stay shiny all the way through the application so you can always see the line of light ?

What is that wet product that you dab onto the nail just before putting the illume product on ?

Also you don't seem to ever get any colour shade difference at all when doing infill's with the illume or am I doing something wrong ?

Is there a distributer over in the UK ?
or how can we get to try it out too ?

They were top classy nails Carl , once again thanks for the video :hug:x

Thanks Carl, and a very merry Christmas to you and yours.
I've made inquiries about this range and it looks like we are going to have more info here in the uk in January.
So looking forward to this.:hug:

Hi Carl , thank you that was a great video and the music was really good I loved it . Its great music for working in a salon .
Just a few questions if you don't mind ,

As you are working with this product does it stay shiny all the way through the application so you can always see the line of light ?

What is that wet product that you dab onto the nail just before putting the illume product on ?

Also you don't seem to ever get any colour shade difference at all when doing infill's with the illume or am I doing something wrong ?

Is there a distributer over in the UK ?
or how can we get to try it out too ?

same questions from me too ...........please!!!!!!!!...

p.s. you help us nail techs with your video,s soooooooo much..........

THANK YOU .

As you are working with this product does it stay shiny all the way through the application so you can always see the line of light ? It stays shiny long enough for you to see whats happening, then goes matte when drying, it only really needs to be buffed up.

What is that wet product that you dab onto the nail just before putting the illume product on ? I use a slightly damp brush to wipe a small bit of monomer on the acrylic surface, this stops the dry nail from sucking liquid from my application and allows the new to blend into the old better.

Also you don't seem to ever get any color shade difference at all when doing infill's with the illume or am I doing something wrong ?
If the product doesn't discolor there should be no shade difference. I always shorten the nail down the length it has grown out, then taper off, this constantly renews the acrylic also.

Is there a distributer over in the UK ? Nope
or how can we get to try it out too ? You would have to have it shipped as it would be classified as a hazardous substance.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

another great video,just a real shame we dont have any distributors here in the uk as it looks a real nice system to use
just one thing at the end of the video i think you should of said what more do you want rather than what do you want.jmo as maybe i miss understood what you was trying to say.
fab video though

Latest posts

Back