Infill on Bio Sculpture ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shocknails

Reaction score
Hi any advice would be great as I'm new to the gel system, how long in general shud a set of gel overlays last and is it best to infill or apply a new set using bio gel :?:

Hi any advice would be great as I'm new to the gel system, how long in general shud a set of gel overlays last and is it best to infill or apply a new set using bio gel :?:

Hi i no alot of people who do bio and wear bio and never have infils, maybe this is just where i live but i take off and do a new set, hopefully they will last 2-3 weeks, im quite new too so this is only what i do :)xx

Last edited:
You can expect Bio to last anywhere between 2-5 weeks depending on how well the client looks after them (although you obviously wouldn't want them going as long as 5!). You can infill with it no problems, this was covered in training and assessment when I did it last year, but a fresh set takes only slightly longer and will not limit your colour choices

You can do infills but quite honestly the amount of time it takes to file / rebalance the other gel it is quicker to simply soak off & start again ...
Saying that I will only do infills now on Sculptures for severe nail biters (but not ever on extensions).

I do my Sculptures using Sculpting Gel which is far more suitable for filing & doesnt lift up or go rubbery-like whilst filing.

bio should really last around 3 weeks, some ppl a bit less some a bit more, you can infill but as said before just as easy to soak off an re do, this is what most of us do. If you do infill then soak off will take alot longer so bear this in mind.x

Thanks guys I think il go with soaking off and reapplying :)

Latest posts

Back