Infill with hand file!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing to work on imo is your application, maybe changing your mix ratio a little, in order to eliminate the lifting....when clients return with no lifting I can do an infill including polish application in 45 minutes.

Tis the lifting which takes longer to sort out, some clients are more predisposed to it or do things with their hands which encourages it, but on the whole if you can, by application, try to eliminate most of it, it will save you heaps of time.

I use CND 180/100 files, they have names and I always forget what they're called lol, cheapie files are hard work. I always score the edges of them with another file as well to avoid slicing people! Never used an efile ever and no plans to start.

Thank you Hun ! Will do I'm actually training in sculpting do don't use tips ! But your infill advice was helpful thankyou x x x

Yes thankyou ... I've just actually been looking on young nails training videos on you tube ... Need to improve on my mix ratio always end up with bigger bulbs than needed too when doing full set which equals more filing!
I'm back at college next wk so I will also have a word with my tutor too see were I'm going wrong xxx thanks again ! Xxx

I have also bought the safety bit for e file from youngs ... Although I know I need too practice more with my file to qualify at college x

3hrs ..... 3hrs arghhhh how can that be!
Do any of you geeks use a handful for Infills? I have bought a eBay e file but the bits are poor so I'm looking too get a safety but from young nails?
Anyone any advice though on hand filling for infill for time being x x
Thankyou in advance :)

It's great to know how to manual file and there has been some great advice for you on manual filing.
I however use an e-file for 90% of my filing and have since the beginning. I manual file at times as well but for speed and control I love my e-file. I learned right from the get-go how to safely use an e-file, which bits to use for what etc and practiced, practiced, practiced and practiced. I have never cut anyone. For my metal bits I use the NSI safety bits with the rounded ends and the quality of their bits are fantastic. For sanding bands I use KUPA.
But to learn with an e-file dont get a cheapy one off e-bay, they're not very good. Invest in a middle of the range one if you're not doing full-time nails, it will be more than adequate. The one I use called a Micro NX, it's so nice and smooth and reasonably priced.

All the best! :)

I use CND 180/100 files, they have names and I always forget what they're called lol, cheapie files are hard work.

Me too, I use Hot Shot files.

Laura xx

It's great to know how to manual file and there has been some great advice for you on manual filing.
I however use an e-file for 90% of my filing and have since the beginning. I manual file at times as well but for speed and control I love my e-file. I learned right from the get-go how to safely use an e-file, which bits to use for what etc and practiced, practiced, practiced and practiced. I have never cut anyone. For my metal bits I use the NSI safety bits with the rounded ends and the quality of their bits are fantastic. For sanding bands I use KUPA.
But to learn with an e-file dont get a cheapy one off e-bay, they're not very good. Invest in a middle of the range one if you're not doing full-time nails, it will be more than adequate. The one I use called a Micro NX, it's so nice and smooth and reasonably priced.

All the best! :)

Thankyou for the reply Hun , I have though already bought one off eBay cost me 40 quid cheap I know ,seen some for 400 plus! I was told that any bit will fit the file so ordered a safety bit from youngs! I will eventually invest in a better e file but with training at the mo and buying all products from start it's the Cost! And also not being able too use e file at college on level 2 course! Once I've qualified in this course I'm going onto further training with my tutor as she's a youngs nail educator also ! Xxx thanks again x x

Can I be rude and interrupt and ask how long does it normally take for a full set? I did my first paying client the other day but took me 2 hours! However I was extremely please but no I need to get quicker than that?

Can I be rude and interrupt and ask how long does it normally take for a full set? I did my first paying client the other day but took me 2 hours! However I was extremely please but no I need to get quicker than that?

First pink n white sculpts I did took me 3hrs but now got it down too 2hrs ... Hoping too get it down too 1hr n half ... Suppose it's just practise .. Mix ratio .. Not applying too much ( which leads too filling more bulk down ) n filling technique ! X x

AprilKate do not fret! You did fine! Anyway it's far more important to do a great set which will last than to do a quick set. Don't worry about your timings, as time goes by you will naturally pick up speed without even realising. Just make sure every client goes away wearing your best efforts as the nails you do will be what gets you repeat business and recommendations. :hug:

What is reverse sculpts? Bcoz I do tons of sculls and they last way longer then tips and are quicker and looks good. In r picture it showed very high or too much product at end by cuticle which is causing ur lifting I would assume but to save time you make sure the back is flat and almost flush if not non existent so when u get to do in full there isn't much to buff off. And yes I first took 3 hors when I started too. You seem very dedicated and ur first few sets looks very good so sure you will perfect it pretty soon.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Yes thankyou ... I've just actually been looking on young nails training videos on you tube ... Need to improve on my mix ratio always end up with bigger bulbs than needed too when doing full set which equals more filing!
I'm back at college next wk so I will also have a word with my tutor too see were I'm going wrong xxx thanks again ! Xxx

The amount of liquid in your brush = the size of the bead. Try to use an even pressure when swiping the liquid off your brush so you're taking off roughly the same amount of liquid per swipe, and count the swipes so you know roughly how many swipes makes what size bead. When I pick up my beads, I do a 3 count while dragging the brush across the powder, then lift on 3. With young nails, their beads need to be a little dimply on the surface. If it's smooth on your brush, it's too wet and will just pool all over. Hope that makes sense. :lol:

Thankyou Hun ... I did another full set today after watching Greg salo youngs nail vid it was the consistency one! Helped me loads and didn't have too file as much, hardly no bulk too remove just smooth n shape ... Thanks for reply x

What is reverse sculpts? Bcoz I do tons of sculls and they last way longer then tips and are quicker and looks good. In r picture it showed very high or too much product at end by cuticle which is causing ur lifting I would assume but to save time you make sure the back is flat and almost flush if not non existent so when u get to do in full there isn't much to buff off. And yes I first took 3 hors when I started too. You seem very dedicated and ur first few sets looks very good so sure you will perfect it pretty soon.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thankyou for your reply , absolutely too much product I need to get my beads smaller which I worked on today n hopefully cracked it :) if you google young nails reverse application it will show you what I mean by reverse x x

Thankyou for the reply Hun , I have though already bought one off eBay cost me 40 quid cheap I know ,seen some for 400 plus! I was told that any bit will fit the file so ordered a safety bit from youngs! I will eventually invest in a better e file but with training at the mo and buying all products from start it's the Cost! And also not being able too use e file at college on level 2 course! Once I've qualified in this course I'm going onto further training with my tutor as she's a youngs nail educator also ! Xxx thanks again x x

You're welcome love, yeah I know the setup costs to get everything you need including good equipment is a lot, been there too....quite a few weeks in the beginning being very scant on groceries so I can buy nail supplies...lol
That's great you're going to on to do some further training with Young Nails when you can, I havent used their products, just because I'm really happy with NSI but have heard good things about Young Nails and I've watched Greg from Young Nails' tutorials a lot, good advice on technique. That's where I first saw the rounded safety bit for an e-file, then sourced one through NSI.

Keep up your learning, you'll get there! :)

I hand file my Infills but unlike the rest of you.... I hate doing Infills! It's worse when the lifting is worse obviously but it's so much work!!!

I'm going to invest in an e-file to de bulk I'm going t train with crystal nails and get their e file... I made the mistake of buying a cheapy one from eBay whn I first started... Promptly went in the bin!

Well I did another backfill tonight at college .. This time much better and time down my 40 min ... Phew ... :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398718093.757452.jpg

Latest posts

Back