Infill with hand file!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3hrs ..... 3hrs arghhhh how can that be!
I'm training at the min done quite a few full sets and been very pleased with my work which takes me around 2hrs ! I did my first infill last night at took be 3hrs! Problem is I have too use hand file too qualify in my course no e file allowed ! I also cut my client a couple of times trying too get too the lift! which has really knocked my confidence ( luckily she is my best friend) !
Do any of you geeks use a handful for Infills? I have bought a eBay e file but the bits are poor so I'm looking too get a safety but from young nails?
Anyone any advice though on hand filling for infill for time being x x
Thankyou in advance :)
Here are some full sets I've done View attachment 61879View attachment 61880
Here's my infill haven't took a pic of before n after but here's the picture I took when I first done the first set on my bestestView attachment 61881
And here's the fill I used soft pink nsi for first time and not so keen on it too be honest !
View attachment 61883
I know how you feel. I use an e-file and safety bit and it still takes me 1 1/2 hours, I feel I should be faster! Hand filing takes me about 2 hours. I like either way is fine, of course I prefer to be faster so I like using the e-file.

Get the Kupa safety bit. I bought the Young Nails safety bit and it is way more expensive than the Kupa safety bit and they're both good. I even prefer the Kupa bit better. Just a suggestion.

As for cutting your friend, all I can suggest is to make sure you season your files and use your own fingers and thumb to hold each finger in such a way that you're always protecting your client from getting burned or cut by your file. Just watching tutorials on Youtube or online in general and you'll see how other pro's hold their clients' fingers.

You'll improve! And I love your pic's...great job :) Hope that helps :)

I know how you feel. I use an e-file and safety bit and it still takes me 1 1/2 hours, I feel I should be faster! Hand filing takes me about 2 hours. I like either way is fine, of course I prefer to be faster so I like using the e-file.

Get the Kupa safety bit. I bought the Young Nails safety bit and it is way more expensive than the Kupa safety bit and they're both good. I even prefer the Kupa bit better. Just a suggestion.

As for cutting your friend, all I can suggest is to make sure you season your files and use your own fingers and thumb to hold each finger in such a way that you're always protecting your client from getting burned or cut by your file. Just watching tutorials on Youtube or online in general and you'll see how other pro's hold their clients' fingers.

Don't worry bluesmith, I take around the same time as you for infills even using an e-file as well. 1 1/2 hours isnt unreasonable though for infills so I wouldnt worry about it if your end product is good :)
I do other beauty services other than nail treatments, so I dont do nails all day every day, so considering my workload for acrylics I'm not pressing myself too much to get much faster than 1 1/2 hours.

I also use the safety bits and love them! I first saw them too on the Young Nails Tutorial but you're right, they're way more expensive than other brands.
I like Kupa, I use their disposable sanding bands but didnt know they did safety bits too so good to know. I ended up getting my safety bits from NSI and they're fantastic, couldnt be happier....AND they're very inexpensive, $15 Australian each which is very good pricing.

That's a good point too about using your own fingers and thumb to hold your clients fingers in such a way that you're always protecting your client from getting burned or cut by your file....both manual and e-file.

:)

Thankyou Hun , I even managed not too cut my client ! Been practising loads on my filling technique since I posted my 1st infill and it's obviously worked! Thankyou for replying x

Thankyou Hun , I even managed not too cut my client ! Been practising loads on my filling technique since I posted my 1st infill and it's obviously worked! Thankyou for replying x

Oo forgot too add I have ordered a young nails safety bit , but they have no stock at the min so could take upto three wk ! Xxx

Latest posts

Back