Infilling coloured acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a nail tech who has always used gel but Ive recently trained in acrylic and just wanted to ask a questions about infills on coloured acrylic...

When you do something like this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458559087.443523.jpg

How do you infill them for instance say they wanted to go from this to pink and whites?

Do soak the whole set off? Or do you do a thin layer of clear over the nail when using coloured acrylics so when you come to infill you can file/drill the colour off completely? If so how do you do it so the nail doesn't look bulky?

Thanks in advance xxx

I use Nsi coloured secrets powders over a clear/nude powder. They are highly pigmented so only needs a very thin layer for full coverage and can be buffed off at the next appointment.

When you colour block acrylic designs like the one above my understanding is that you would have to Infill using clear and then doing a new design or colour with Polish or gel. However I personally would remove it and do a completely new set. That's the problem when doing colour blocking designs with acrylic! The infill is going to be a pain!!

I use Nsi coloured secrets powders over a clear/nude powder. They are highly pigmented so only needs a very thin layer for full coverage and can be buffed off at the next appointment.

Do you shape it before you put a thin layer of colour acrylic or after? Sorry I know it probably sounds silly but just wondered if it's very thin will you take the colour off when filing into shape? Xxx

Do you shape it before you put a thin layer of colour acrylic or after? Sorry I know it probably sounds silly but just wondered if it's very thin will you take the colour off when filing into shape? Xxx
I sculpt, remove the form, file then apply the secrets powder and give another file after and top coat x

I sculpt, remove the form, file then apply the secrets powder and give another file after and top coat x

Do you encapsulate the design with clear?

Not always. Depends upon if I've added glitter etc X

Your work is always thin and neat

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458645508.279059.jpg
thats the secrets powders with glitter added and encapsulated. This client doesn't get gel polish as it always chips and gets infills every 2-3 weeks X

I've had a look at the secrets powders you have a lovely selection of colours. They do look fab.

I've had a look at the secrets powders you have a lovely selection of colours. They do look fab.
They're lovely to work with. Very fine and smooth. The larger peach, pink and white have a gorgeous shimmer through them. Those and the clear don't need encapsulated as they have enough strength to be used alone X

Lovely do you have any more pics of the other colours? Xx

Also how long does it take you to do a full set like this and an infill? Xx

Lovely do you have any more pics of the other colours? Xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458667942.291316.jpg
this is encapsulated with clear and glitter.
Plain L&P takes me about 1hr 20 mins. Infills are around the same or slightly less.

One other thing ladies how often do you soak off and do a fresh set? One client told me she has them soaked off every 3rd set usually? Xx

Anyone [emoji51]

[emoji106][emoji106]

I've got the nsi technail colours and really struggling. You seem to need a different consistency has anyone else found this? I was playing about last night and this is the best I could get it - I didn't embarrass myself by taking pics of the other nails any tips please x

Attachments

• 1459239596335.jpg
    1459239596335.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back