Infilling someone else's work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K4ren

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just been contacted by a potential client who wants me to infill lashes she has had done elsewhere.

She is booked in for a patch test but I am not sure whether to go ahead or not.

She is unlikely to know the thickness. lengths used, placements or type of curl used.

How would you approach this situation?
Would you infill others work?
Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks

Karen

Hi,

I have just been contacted by a potential client who wants me to infill lashes she has had done elsewhere.

She is booked in for a patch test but I am not sure whether to go ahead or not.

She is unlikely to know the thickness. lengths used, placements or type of curl used.

How would you approach this situation?
Would you infill others work?
Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks

Karen

I think you are worrying unnecessarily :hug:

See her for her patch test, have a look at her lashes, as long as the previous techs work is up to standard there should be no problem at all infilling someone elses work.

I never commit completely to a client without seeing their lashes first, this is because, on occasion, I have had clients come and see me with horrific lashes which need removing first and a full set re-applied. You would obviously need to advise this to the client before they come for their infill so they can decide what they would like to do (if this was the case)

As for thickness, curl and length, Im sure you are experienced enough to be able to recognise these and you can mix in different lash lengths and thicknesses anyway, so not a problem.

You will be fine, dont worry xxx I see no reason why you shouldnt infill someone elses work.

I agree with above that u should get her to come for a patch test so it'll give u chance to look.
I've had a few ladies come to me for infils from other salons and I've always ended up taking them all off as theyre a mess or there's only been about 3 left! and then I have to do a full set but only charge infill price, so I decided I would always say I will take them off and redo them as a full set and to be honest the ladies always prefer my work and come back to me.
Don't stress about it, the patch test/consultation will put ur mind at rest I can guarantee it :) xx

Thank you for your replies. I shall as you advise have a good look during the patch test visit and advise accordingly. :lol:

Potential client came for her patch test/infill consultation. She had 10 lashes on one eye and 12 on the other. They were stuck together and clumps of glue were visible.

I advised her that to qualify for an infill she should have at least 50% of her extensions remaining. My advice as you suggested would be to remove what was left and start again.

She had the patch test and was at least up front in telling me that she may return to her previous therapist, as she would infill them for her and would therefore pay accordingly. I explained the importance of protecting her natural lashes but I suppose you can't win them all. I pride myself on giving the best service possible, you do after all get what you pay for!!

Thanks again for advise.​

She will respect ur professionalism and if she was happy where she was she would stay there. As soon as she needs a full set she will come to u, it's obviously the cost that's put her off for now. U did the right thing xx

Potential client came for her patch test/infill consultation. She had 10 lashes on one eye and 12 on the other. They were stuck together and clumps of glue were visible.​

I advised her that to qualify for an infill she should have at least 50% of her extensions remaining. My advice as you suggested would be to remove what was left and start again.​

She had the patch test and was at least up front in telling me that she may return to her previous therapist, as she would infill them for her and would therefore pay accordingly. I explained the importance of protecting her natural lashes but I suppose you can't win them all. I pride myself on giving the best service possible, you do after all get what you pay for!!​

Thanks again for advise.​

I really wouldnt worry, you have maintained your professionalism and your high standards, I say, well done you :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back