Infills and rebalances?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmberlei

Reaction score
Hi all, its been awhile since i last posted so Happy New Year!

Anyway, i have a quick question (please dont shout :confused: ).

Can you tell me the difference between infills and rebalances? I thought that people used the word 'infills' as a lay term and 'rebalances' as the correct term, but i have scene in other threads that this is not the case....

Can someone clarify this for me please?

Many thanks xxx

hi kim an infill is where you just file and renew product at zone 3 usually where the nails has grown and a rebalance is when you realign the smile line and apex by taking down the overall thickness and reapplying the white and pink hth :hug:

hi kim an infill is where you just file and renew product at zone 3 usually where the nails has grown and a rebalance is when you realign the smile line and apex by taking down the overall thickness and reapplying the white and pink hth :hug:

Thanks for that...i did think that, but why would you just do a infill? I always do rebalances as when my clients come in, they usually want the length taken down so thus rebalance begins.... I suppose if they are happy with the length, an infill is what they need then???!

xxx

Well I did a rebalance tonight and it took me nearly 2.5 hours. I was pissed at myself:irked: . Though she is a hard client, she hates to be filed and everything hurts, so when you start doing one nail she complains and then you tell her you will go back to it and go on to the next one. But still not happy with myself at all. Have another rebalance coming up on Wednesday though she hasnt been here for nearly five weeks, it will probably turn into a full set. Will let you know how long that one takes.
Sigh,:rolleyes:

Hogging on your thread if I may,

So are rebalances only done on your P&W clients, and how often are they done at every appointment? So when do you incorporate a fill over a rebalance or vice versa?

aj

Every two weeks I do purely re-balance. As the nail grows, zone 2 can be top heavy and needs to be done. If the nail is not well balanced then it can contribute to weaknesses and breakages on the nail.

HTH

Rebalance does not only apply to a P&W.

It is when you reshape the entire enhancement, by shortening the length, and 'moving' the apex by thinning where needed, and building a new apex.
Mind you, I have also done rebalances where I didn't shorten the length as the client decided to try to see how she did with longer nails.
It was correcting of the placement of the apex.

I usually rebalance. I rarely 'infill'. Usually only on clients that have very slow growth and zero breakages who are back every 2weeks like clockwork (I have 3 that grow super slow, and could go longer between fills, but like to change up their nail art, so on them, I occasionally only infill).

Hth's

Thanks for your replies....

I understand now! In that case, i dont do infills..they all have rebalances! What a pain!

xxx

i would love to know what other geeks do..see i have always rebalanced every three week with my french clients, that is how i was taught..and i infill my plain clients however i am always correcting the apex etc..but i didnt class that as a rebalance should i? all confused now lol :lol:

Hi

I remember When I did not have a clue and like you thought that they both ment the same.

So do not worry, I am sure their are many other people that thought this two.

:hug:

Angela

Latest posts

Back