infills HELP......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugs

Reaction score
Hi,

i have my first set of infills this evening and my course didnt cover this much. It just says to clip out the lifted product with clippers and clend with acitone, does this sound right to you guys??!!

finding this website has shown me how little i know

Bugs said:
Hi,

i have my first set of infills this evening and my course didnt cover this much. It just says to clip out the lifted product with clippers and clend with acitone, does this sound right to you guys??!!

I do beleive you should NEVER CLIP you file gently - which system do you use, and using acetone could lead to Over exposure. May I ask who you trained with?

Bugs said:
Hi,

so sorry should have mentioned go to tutorials where the Nail Geek has written a fabulous guide on rebalance (and infills)...atb

Fab Freak said:
I do beleive you should NEVER CLIP you file gently - which system do you use, and using acetone could lead to Over exposure. May I ask who you trained with?
Ihave been reading that you should not clip and when i tried it on my own nails a big bit came off.

i use L&P, so I should just file then, this this get all the lose bit off? and dont use acitone. it all sound wrong to me. I was not impressed with my course and am looking at doing one somewhere else. It was the Nail academy in Birmingham.

What about the french tip how do i do that without making them really thick??

thanks very much for your help

Bugs said:
Ihave been reading that you should not clip and when i tried it on my own nails a big bit came off.

i use L&P, so I should just file then, this this get all the lose bit off? and dont use acitone. it all sound wrong to me. I was not impressed with my course and am looking at doing one somewhere else. It was the Nail academy in Birmingham.

What about the french tip how do i do that without making them really thick??

thanks very much for your help
oh blimey I'm out of my depth here - I only just learning L&P myself - if you mean when you apply the white bead - i have been taught to place just one bead in middle of zone 1 and work it out to each side, i too used too much to begin with and had to spend to much time filing away the bulk...a good way to practice is to place nail oil on your own nail and apply a overlay in the normal way and wipe it off and repeat until you are happy with your smile line etc (the oil stops the acrylic from bonding) - but search this site for tutorials they will help you so much.
Have you considered doing a course at college?

Hi Louise

I had a look in tutorials, selected all tutorials from teh beginning but only found 3 ? none of which were about rebalancing ? can you help me ? not sure why I cant find it,.

thanks

kx

Fab Freak said:
so sorry should have mentioned go to tutorials where the Nail Geek has written a fabulous guide on rebalance (and infills)...atb

This is how i was taught on how to do a rebalance!!

Check Zone 1
*adjust length
*adjust side walls
*thin down smile line

Check Zone 2
*thin down stress area
*bevel into any pocket lifting
*Cut a 'V' into creacks with side of file (or file a bit thinner)

Check Zone 3
*Bevel down the end of the product
*Bevel to remove lifting
*PREP - remove surface shine and non living tissue!!

That is the way i was trained (and even looked back at my notes before i posted!!!!!)

Other people may say different????

hi

if you do a search it was either ruth or geeg replied to a post about this in great detail very helpful. I think the tutorial is off because sam wasnt happy with the pictures or something.

If you go to designer nails website www.designernails.co.uk they have an NVQ section. There is all the information you need about how to do a rebalance.

I must say I found it incredibly hard and daunting at first because even the creative 4-day foundation didn't really cover rebalancing that well.

The above link tells you what you are aiming for - my first rebalances were full of lifting etc and so it seemed a million miles away from the guidelines for a problem free rebalance.

I found the key is to apply the enhancements well to start with so that there is NO LIFTING in the first place! -

If you do get lifting NEVER nip it away as this can lift layers of the natural nail away as well and causes shattering throughout the rest of the product. The Geek has written a good article on this (go to site stuff, articles). You need instead to be patient and file gently just BEFORE the lifted area. The thicker the enhancement the longer this takes - so again, trick is to apply thinner.

It is frustrating but you will get there promise! - have a good trawl through this site. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back