Infills/Rebalances

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Just a little question....

When I do an infill/rebalance for a client I file a lot of the original acrylic off and then replace new but I always seem to get a line where the old acrylic still is. :x

Can someone help me or tell me where I'm going wrong?!

Many Thanx

I have the same problem. It happens more often than not, I just assumed it was just me. :?

At least you know it's not just you!!!

I was looking through the NSI brochure and they have a product called Line Out which apparently eliminates this problem. Has anyone ever used this or know of people who have? If you do, was it any good?

Cheers

I have and with no luck I may add. Being blonde, I may have used it wrong. :D

have a read through the novels and tutorials ,u may find them helpful.

HowdA....

First... have you checked out these:

http://www.samuelsweet.com/docs/RebalancingIntro.php

http://www.samuelsweet.com/HowTos/reb_FilePrep.php

The other thing:

Why not save yourself the added expense of investing in a 'fill line remover' and just use tip adhesive. Its basically the same thing (syanoacrylate resin)

Ill tell you why you would want to avoid using these type of product....

That line is lifting. Plain n simple.

If you stick adhesive, wet product, blue tack, spit and gum or whatever up there without properly sanitising and dehydrating first.... youre bound for 2 problems:
1. Greenies. You will end up trapping copious amounts of bacteria, moisture, and oil... this is a sure fire recipee for a first grade science project.
2. Weakness. After doing this for a few months... you will end up with an adhesive network running through your product. This leads to a substantially weaker nail and one that is more prone to discolouring.

The trick to getting rid of Phil the Line is to file up to the line. What that means is that you sont bother to file on the line... nor the product that has lifted... but bevel into and up to it.
The product that is no longer adhered will simply flake off without leaving a ledge or a line.

I hope this helps

As us Essex girls would say 'Fanks'!!! :D

When you say bevel up to it do you mean from the tip (free edge) back towards the line?

nail_star2003 said:
As us Essex girls would say 'Fanks'!!! :D

When you say bevel up to it do you mean from the tip (free edge) back towards the line?

Yup.

Whats up with that anyway? Seems that people say 'F' instead of 'TH' as in "Dont you Fink fats rafer super?" :rofl:

It's probly 'cos we're lazy, innit!!

Although, one can talk posh when one wants to!!! :rofl: Sorry, just taking the piss now!!!!! (Am I allowed to say that Mr Geek? Sorry if I'm not!)

:( I don't like that Line Out. I always have a fill line when the acrylic is too thick at the cuticle. Just try to get the acrylic thinner and use a really good file. I notice when my file is getting dull, it takes forever to file down. So I use a good 80 grit file. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back