infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresajay

Reaction score
I am new to this business and I recently had a client come to me for infils, she had her acrylic nail put on locally where drills where used for filing and the acrylic had been applied to cover the whole nail plate and was very thick so I did not think I needed to do any infils, what does anyoune else think Help Im use do doing infils on my opwn client so this was new to me and I was unsure about using a different product to what the salon had used on my client.
Teresa

I dont understand your question. When any product grows up the nail, it will need infilling - what do you mean?

I also dont understand the first part, but as for the second part I would also like to know if its ok to use a different system for infills, say if i use NSI and they had their nails done originally at a salon that used creative, would it be ok to infill using a new system, or would the nails have to come off and a new set applied? have wondered about this in the past but havent come across it yet as im not doing enough at the moment.

Thanks

Fakin it said:
I also dont understand the first part, but as for the second part I would also like to know if its ok to use a different system for infills, say if i use NSI and they had their nails done originally at a salon that used creative, would it be ok to infill using a new system, or would the nails have to come off and a new set applied? have wondered about this in the past but havent come across it yet as im not doing enough at the moment.

Thanks
Once it is cured, it is absolutely fine to use a different product and you would not need to apply a new set just because you didnt use the same one.

Teresa - Whereabouts in Romford are you? Perhaps you could complete your profile.

HI

The only thing i have found with mixing brands when doing infills is the difference in colour and clarity. Some brands can "yellow" and "age" much quicker than others and to be honest i really dont like doing infills on other peoples work.

Have to agree with Tracy on this one....different products have different shades...its a nightmare going over someone elses work. The colours never look the same!

Little Angel said:
HI

The only thing i have found with mixing brands when doing infills is the difference in colour and clarity. Some brands can "yellow" and "age" much quicker than others and to be honest i really dont like doing infills on other peoples work.

Dont get me wrong: i loathe doing infills on somebody else's work and will always make them sign a disclaimer to the effect that its a different product. The problem is that not everyone wants to pay to have a soak off and you may lose the client altogether. I guess if the client doesnt have to pay for the soak off and doesnt mind the extra time then its fine but i personally do not give free soak offs.

Hi Theresa i think u need to explain yourself a bit more as qestion cannot b understood do u mean u didnt do infill cos the nail was already to thick with product? if so thickness has nothing to do with the product growing up the nail bed if the product was thick then u could have filed to reduce the amount of product but it could have taken u quite a while once reduced amount of product rebalance as u normally would hth
also u can use different products once cured but like in earlier threads colours dont always match hth whereabouts in romford r u fill out your profile so we can learn more about u

Hi Theresa

Just thought id add something, which ive only really learnt since joining this site and totally agree with

I never work on anyone elses work, as, as soon as you do you then take ownership of the clients nails if any probs occur, and you dont know how thorough the prep was or the condition of the clients nail beds etc etc

For my new clients that have "someone elses" nails on, i offer a complimentary soak off as they are then paying for a full set of enhancements with me, plus this is then hopefully a new client for me too so i think worth the initial investment, though once i did this and it took me 1 hour to soak off as the nails were so thick !

Id rather be completely confident with what i am working with !

kx

Hi,
sorry I did not make myself clear. When I was taught to do acrylic nails I was taught to leave a 1 mm gap around the base of the nail as so as to prevent getting acrylic on the skin and aslo for blending. My client had her nails done 2 weeks before and the gap was about a 1 mm therefore I did not feel the need to infil but to blend them down as they were very thick then varnish as usual. I have to agree with some of you as I have only ever done infils on my people that have had their nails done by me and I was not happy doing this as I felt that her nails were all wrong (tips to big and shape all wrong), but I did not feel I could say this to her so I did the best I could, but feel a bit disheartened

Hi Chris I am from Romford in Essex and I will fill my profile in Ive just joined.
Teresa

teresajay said:
Hi,
sorry I did not make myself clear. When I was taught to do acrylic nails I was taught to leave a 1 mm gap around the base of the nail as so as to prevent getting acrylic on the skin and aslo for blending. My client had her nails done 2 weeks before and the gap was about a 1 mm therefore I did not feel the need to infil but to blend them down as they were very thick then varnish as usual. I have to agree with some of you as I have only ever done infils on my people that have had their nails done by me and I was not happy doing this as I felt that her nails were all wrong (tips to big and shape all wrong), but I did not feel I could say this to her so I did the best I could, but feel a bit disheartened
Hi there and welcome to the board! Nail enhancements should always have a gap around the cuticle. Why did the client come to have her nails done if she didnt need infills? If you are unhappy with the shape then i guess you could gently suggest a change to the client: on the other hand question her first coz it may be they are that shape coz that's what she likes!

I agree with Caz some people have certain preferences on shape, but some people i have met haven't had many sets of enhancements and seem happy with thick tips and bricks for nails, i think its up to us to re-educate them to what a natural nail should look like??

i had someone today disbelieve me when i said mine were enhancements, compliment i know, but she said you can never get them to look that natural. I use fibreglass, so all you techs out there know, they do look natural, you don't have to have nails that look like bricks.....lol.

Latest posts

Back