Infils / backfills / re-balancing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
hi all

Quick question -

(infils - buff and infil just at cuticle area)
(re-balance - buffing down all zones and re-applying / moving the whites back up and re balancing nail and apex to correct position)

on my training i was advised that a client will have infils two weeks after new set applied, followed by re-balance, so every two weeks alternate the infils / re-balance (if that make sense !!)

So I was advising infils say every 2 or 3 weeks for clients / Backfills / rebalance every other apt thereafter, and advising anticipated costs accordingly

only a couple of my clients have needed infils and no re-balancing

All other clients are coming back after 2 or 3 weeks with amazing growth, with their natural nails now showing where the white was - hense have been suggesting to them that they need a re-balance rather than infils, and where possible i have tried to take the whites a little higher to allow for growth

Im following the advice of my trainer and it does make sense to me but im concerned that im advising clients 2 weeks later that they will need to book for infils at a certain cost and actually when the turn up they could actually do with re-balance / white re-done to cover natural nail again at a more expensive cost to them

Should i offer as 2 weekly maintenance rather than separate the two services and then say depending on how your nails grow etc etc cost will be between say £20 and £33 ??? or how else do i possibly explain that when they turn up and have budgeted for a £20 service that they now need a £33 service ???

ARGHHHHHHHH help please

thanks very much, and sorry turned out to be not such a quick question and didnt get to the point, you guys should know by now i garble on a bit ! sorry but just trying to explain ??

kx

im CND Trained and use only CND products

kx

HI karren

This is how i do it.......clients have a rebalance every 2 weeks this consists of buffing taking down the cuticle area and re appyling acrylic in this area.....making the nails look as good as new.
All clients nails grow at different rates so a backfill (replacing the white) is usually needed every 4/6 weeks........i do this at their rebalance appointments for an extra charge of £4. This is stated on my price lists!!

therefore every 2 weeks they have their rebalance @ £12.50
and then say on the fourth week they have a rebalance and backfill @£16.50
then the eighth week a rebalance at £12.50
....10th week rebalance and backfill ' £16.50

i hpe that makes sense!!!

kind regards
Amanda

hi amanda

thanks hun, makes perfect sense and how i planned my services to go !

so have you had any clients who nails do grow fast and have re-balance rather than infils ???

mind you your price structure seems much differnt to mine - the girls at Salisbury One Stop Shop / Trainers helped me wtih my pricing structure, i had my base rates and then advised re infils / re-balance pricing differences ?

oh what to do

kx

Hi karren
I have'nt had any clients who's nails grow that fast that they need a backfill separately....but then again some clients do grow so quick that they need a backfill after 2 weeks.
I'm sure someone on here will be able to ses some more light on the situ!!

Hi

I always find that clients nails grow like the clappers when they first have their nails on but the growth does settle down after a while.
As for pricing i price for my time, so if it takes me longer then i charge more. Dont tell your clients how much it will be on their next visit as you dont know what state their nails will be in when they get to you.

:) tell ure clients to ring u if the nails have grown lots (or if ne have fallen off) so u can allow more time, u can then also advise them that it cud cost a bit more depending on the extent of growth, if they don't want to pay loads, suggest they have a normal re-balance (no back fill) and have nails painted french, and then have a french back-fill/re-balance on their next appointment. Mayb this cud keep em sweet, after all u don't want to loose customers for the sake of a couple of pounds.

I only ever do a rebalance at every appointment, the price is clear to them and they know that they`re going out with nails looking as good as a new set every time

I do a rebalance every 2 weeks as I don't like the look of placing white nice and low on the nail (makes you look like you have short nail beds) and I hate seeing the shadow between the white and pink.

Hi Debs

I like this idea can you tell me what you charge in comparison to your full set charges ?

eg. my full set is £39 (which i am happy with)

if i did one price maintenance service what would you suggest based on my full set price ??

thanks debs

kx

Debs said:
I only ever do a rebalance at every appointment, the price is clear to them and they know that they`re going out with nails looking as good as a new set every time

I also only ever do rebalance every fortnight never do infils or backfils was trained with creative they only teach rebalance every 2 weeks hth

Hi there

I was trained with CND and my trainer suggested infills and rebalance every other time, don't know about backfill, surely the white would be done with rebalance anyway? Personally I think rebalance would be better each time because if the nail has grown in 2 weeks each time then surely the apex and white has grown down as well, and just doing an infill wouldn't sort the apex and white out? That right?

Deb379

Jackie hun thanks - re one of my last replies, do you mind me asking what you charge in relation to your full sets ??

My fulls sets are £39

thanks

kx

sequinto said:
I also only ever do rebalance every fortnight never do infils or backfils was trained with creative they only teach rebalance every 2 weeks hth

Karren said:
Hi Debs

I like this idea can you tell me what you charge in comparison to your full set charges ?

eg. my full set is £39 (which i am happy with)

if i did one price maintenance service what would you suggest based on my full set price ??

thanks debs

kx
I work a price list over 3 weeks.
2 week rebalance £20
3 week rebalance £25
4 week rebalance £30
This way it sorts out those who want something for nothing

thanks debs

kx

Debs said:
I work a price list over 3 weeks.
2 week rebalance £20
3 week rebalance £25
4 week rebalance £30
This way it sorts out those who want something for nothing

I find this is good advice...
I advise clients on first appointments that infills are £16, but that if they require rebalancing they need to let me know prior to the appointment so that I can adjust my times accordingly. and also that should they require 'whites' then there is an extra £5 charge to cover the extra time needed! they then are able to choose to have rebalancing on every appointment if they wish to. My clients usually go from 2 to 4 weeks between infills/rebalances.

luckybird21 said:
:) tell ure clients to ring u if the nails have grown lots (or if ne have fallen off) so u can allow more time, u can then also advise them that it cud cost a bit more depending on the extent of growth, if they don't want to pay loads, suggest they have a normal re-balance (no back fill) and have nails painted french, and then have a french back-fill/re-balance on their next appointment. Mayb this cud keep em sweet, after all u don't want to loose customers for the sake of a couple of pounds.

I custom rebalance depending on the condition of the nail beds.
normal nails can go up to 3weeks unless they request otherwise. When I went two weeks everyone compained over pricing.
short or bitten nails go 2 weeks.

anyone else any thoughts or advide on this ??

thanks

kx

Karren said:
Jackie hun thanks - re one of my last replies, do you mind me asking what you charge in relation to your full sets ??

My fulls sets are £39

thanks

kx
Hi Karren full set f/f £40.00 rebalance fortnightly £20.00 then go up in price if left longer but my modles who let me practise on them after i qualified still get full sets and rebalances a lot cheaper cos they sat for hours for me hth

With my clients i do pretty much what Debs does, i always rebalance every two/ three weeks. I have found that i have a client who's nails really grow in the summer months and she always needs rebalancing every two weeks. I actually charge for a rebalance everythime and i include in my price one breakage as well.

I don't talk about infills as i've found it confuses some clients and then they say that they feel they need an infill as cheaper, when you know they need a rebalance. It can be difficult, so hope this helps. Just try to make it as easy asyou can for the client to understand.

Latest posts

Back