Info on a consultation form

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspip

Reaction score
Hello
I've just checked some old posts, but could not find the answers I was looking for.
I'm doing my consultation forms and have see some with the following info on, but could some one tell me why I would have this information on a consultation form?
- Doctor's name and phone number
- Are you pregnant or breast feeding?
- Do you suffer from varicose veins?
- Have you recenly had surgery/cosmetic procedures?
- Do you suffer from epilepsy?

I have questions onf my form like that cover allergies/ hypersensitivty, diabeties, skin conditions and respiratory conditions, but I'm not sure if I should include the above questions. I can't see how they would be relivant to a manicure/pedicure/shellac/minx

Could someone please let me know if I need them in and why

Thanks x

Really interested in the replies on this thread....!
I'm learning so much from SG - it's fab! Xx

The Dr name, address and phone number - are incase you need to contact their Dr - if the client needed a Dr letter you can (but don't have to) send the Dr a letter asking for his/her signature so the client can have a certain treatment.

Are you pregnant/breast feeding - insurance will not allow some treatments on pregnant people and some treatments require altering if the client is breast feeding (so pregnancy - first 12 weeks NO, then after the hormones produced during pregnancy can affect how the tan turns out. And a massage on a breast feeding mum would need to ensure the products used are ok - some aromatherapy oils are a no, no for pregnant or breast feeding mums.)

Varicose veins - that would be waxing - have to be carefull with varicose wiens as the skin is thin and waxing over a very prominant one could not only hurt the client but could tear the skin and cause the vein to bleed.

Surgery/cosmetic procedure - would be to do with scar tissue, can't wax over it and tanning over a fresh scar is not advised.

So basically the questions are for many treatments not just nails, you can get more tailored ones for different treatments but lots of people (me included) prefer an all round consultaion card and then ask any extra questions relevant to the treatment being done at that time and note the answers on the back of the consult card if needed.

The Dr name, address and phone number - are incase you need to contact their Dr - if the client needed a Dr letter you can (but don't have to) send the Dr a letter asking for his/her signature so the client can have a certain treatment.

Are you pregnant/breast feeding - insurance will not allow some treatments on pregnant people and some treatments require altering if the client is breast feeding (so pregnancy - first 12 weeks NO, then after the hormones produced during pregnancy can affect how the tan turns out. And a massage on a breast feeding mum would need to ensure the products used are ok - some aromatherapy oils are a no, no for pregnant or breast feeding mums.)

Varicose veins - that would be waxing - have to be carefull with varicose wiens as the skin is thin and waxing over a very prominant one could not only hurt the client but could tear the skin and cause the vein to bleed.

Surgery/cosmetic procedure - would be to do with scar tissue, can't wax over it and tanning over a fresh scar is not advised.

So basically the questions are for many treatments not just nails, you can get more tailored ones for different treatments but lots of people (me included) prefer an all round consultaion card and then ask any extra questions relevant to the treatment being done at that time and note the answers on the back of the consult card if needed.

Hi Baggybear
A star as always. Thank you. x
I think I will taylor my questions more to nails rather than other areas of beauty at the moment and then as and when I do extra training/procedures I will add them in (don't want ot confuse myself to early on:lol:)
When would the epilepsy question be used?
Would I need one for 'Do you brusie easily'?

I think I'll remove the Surgery/Cosmetic procedure question and the varicose vein one, but will leave the doctors question in.

Thank you x

Hello
I've just checked some old posts, but could not find the answers I was looking for.
I'm doing my consultation forms and have see some with the following info on, but could some one tell me why I would have this information on a consultation form?
- Doctor's name and phone number

In case of contra-action following treatment,or drs note should be needed,in case of emergency.
- Are you pregnant or breast feeding?

Certain treatments are a contraindication in the first trimester or throughout the pregnancy. Also certain aroma oils should not be used if breast feeding or when pregnant.
- Do you suffer from varicose veins?

Massage can be painful,care may be needed when waxing or carrying out acupressure etc.
- Have you recenly had surgery/cosmetic procedures?

Massage should be avoided in this area, certain non surgi treatments should be avoided( manufacturers instructions should be followed) no waxing over new scar tissue.
- Do you suffer from epilepsy?

This can be a contraindication to certain non surgi facials or light therapy depending on the type of epilepsy

I have questions onf my form like that cover allergies/ hypersensitivty, diabeties, skin conditions and respiratory conditions, but I'm not sure if I should include the above questions. I can't see how they would be relivant to a manicure/pedicure/shellac/minx
Some of the questions would be relevant as I have said so use your judgement.

Could someone please let me know if I need them in and why

Thanks x
Hth

Ive got a consulation form of babtac mag about 2 years ago and it ask u every thing. That's for beauty treatments only. So if ur a member of babtac u may be able to get a back issue of the magazine. For nails I use opi cards.

Thanks, i think I will remove the epilespy question, the surgery questions and the varicose vein question

Thanks for your help

Id personally keep the epilepsy one in there hun , reason being should they have a fit in my care and an ambulance is called i can pass this info on to the call operator. Just a thought :)

Id personally keep the epilepsy one in there hun , reason being should they have a fit in my care and an ambulance is called i can pass this info on to the call operator. Just a thought :)

Good point- Back in it goes....... & me a 1st Aider. I shoud have know that!

Id also have docs details as i was taught to ask for these so if the patient is taken to hospital i have this info to pass to paramedics/hospital, especially if they are on their own. X x x

Id also have docs details as i was taught to ask for these so if the patient is taken to hospital i have this info to pass to paramedics/hospital, especially if they are on their own. X x x

I have left that question in. The questions I have for nail treatments are:

Do you have any allergies/ Hypersensitivity? If yes, please state:
Are you Pregnant or Breast feeding?
Do you suffer from diabetes?
Do you suffer from epilepsy?
Do you suffer from any skin conditions?
Are you taking any medication which may affect skin sensitivity?
Do you suffer from any respiratory conditions?
Do you suffer from any heart or circulatory conditions?

I then have have questions on nail & cuticle conditions, skin type, nail length & clients expections and contra-indication check

Are you on any medication? Please state ......... (not just meds that might affect skin sensitivity)

Clients may not know what the side effects of medication they take are - not everyone reads and remembers the leaflets with their meds. It's better to have all meds listed, that way if anything did happen your covered by your insurance as you have asked them to disclose all medication not just those that cause skin sensitivity.

You could also ring your insurance company and ask them if they have any requirements on information that they want you to have.

I assume you also have the basics too:
Name. Address. Phone number. Email address.

Last edited:
Are you on any medication? Please state ......... (not just meds that might affect skin sensitivity)

Clients may not know what the side effects of medication they take are - not everyone reads and remembers the leaflets with their meds. It's better to have all meds listed, that way if anything did happen your covered by your insurance as you have asked them to disclose all medication not just those that cause skin sensitivity.

You could also ring your insurance company and ask them if they have any requirements on information that they want you to have.

I assume you also have the basics too:
Name. Address. Phone number. Email address.

Thanks Baggybear. I went with Salongold insurance in the end. If the client lists the medication they are on, do I need to do anything with that information? How would I know if it will affect treatments?

On my form I have:
Name
Adress
Phone
E Mail
DOB

Doctors name & Phone number

A disclaimer saying that they will inform me if anything changes before treatment starts

Condition of nail
Condition of cutilce
Sin type
Nail length
Natural nail shape

Contra-indication check
Any seen? Can treatment continue?

Clients expectaions- Nail length, Nail shape, preferred colour shades

Treatment register with- Date, Treatement, Products used, My initials, Clients initals

Do I need to get the client to fill in a new form each time, or only if something has changed?

You need to keep all client details confidential and safe etc.. their medical details are to be treated in the same way.

If you stopped at the line then you would need to do it once. ****(Just realised I deleted the quote where I drew the line lol) will quote it again & draw the line in now lol.****

You would need need to fill out the rest of the questions at every visit, if you feel you need the information. So maybe you could have several of these and attach them to the main consult card or put them into a folder or something to keep them all together.

I know when I was in college I had to fill out consultaion forms with similar info on them but since leaving college I just note the info I feel is relevant to each treatment on the back of my consult card at each appointment.

So for example if a client wanted their nails done I would note:
Set of pearl tips for a wedding 10/04/12
Cuticles in bad shape, nails peeling, recomended solar oil twice daily (if client bought a bottle or not), any existing cuts, bruises, etc... that should be noted. Then I'd get the client to sign next to that info stating that is the treatment they are having.

Last edited:
This bit once:
Name
Adress
Phone
E Mail
DOB

Doctors name & Phone number

A disclaimer saying that they will inform me if anything changes before treatment starts

Condition of nail
Condition of cutilce
Sin type
Nail length
Natural nail shape

Contra-indication check
Any seen? Can treatment continue?

Clients expectaions- Nail length, Nail shape, preferred colour shades

Treatment register with- Date, Treatement, Products used, My initials, Clients initals
The line should help you understand my post above a bit better lol. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back