Ingrown hair product, what works?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
I need an amazing ingrown hair product to retail to my clients that actually works!
Anyone got some that they would recommend?

I've never tried this.. But I saw something by waxperts last week and it's a pad that you rub over the area after waxing and it prevents ingrown hairs... Looked really good!!

Nicola! Xxx

Cheapest option - magnesium paste

If that doesn't work then Aloe Clear - money back guaranteed product

Jacqui x

Cheapest option - magnesium paste

If that doesn't work then Aloe Clear - money back guaranteed product

Jacqui x

Thanks! Do you sell either of these at your salon?

Hi We are the manufacturers of Aloeclear the UK manufactured ingrown hair treatment. So if you have any questions please PM me and I will be glad to help

Perron Rigot recently launched some new waxing aftercare products and amongst these are two new products designed to target ingrown hairs. One is a scrub designed to be used before and after waxing and the other is an ingrown hair serum.

They are available as individual products to retail but they also have these great little aftercare packs which have a 50 ml tube of the scrub, 50 ml of the Pre- cooling gel and a full size bottle of the ingrown hair serum. It's available at a good price and the pack retails for under £20 which for three products is great. They have some details and pictures on their Facebook page and website.

Anti-Ingrown Hairs Essentials Kit - Perron Rigot

HTH Jack

Thanks! Do you sell either of these at your salon?

I sell the Aloe Clear - it works!

Magnesium paste is available from any chemist for about £4.00

I use folisan from depilieve it work well. They even have intimate roll on sizes which are great.
Alternatively for larger area I use dermalac from environ it's more economical and does work well.

Beauty at your finger tips!

I used a product called TendSkin. It is for razor bumps amd ingrown hairs.
Although I used this for personal use I'm pretty there is opportunity for retailing this also.

It is pretty drying on the skin though.

Glad you raised that point! Tendskin is the original ingrown hair product but its formula is a bit dated now. Plus its a runny liquid that can dry to a chalky residue.
With Aloe clear we drastically reduced the alcohol content and replaced it with aloe liquid. The result is its active ingredients are very effective yet kind to skin.
Forgot to say in previous post that it comes in a salon size 250 ml and three roll on sizes 120ml, 60ml and a 10ml trial which is ideal for people who want to try it first.

I have a limited number of trial size 10ml Bikini Savers to give away if you PM me

Last edited:
Ah yeh. Makes sense. It was years ago I used it. I have since become a dab hand at removing ingrown hairs. I will have to try aloe clear myself!

I purchased some of the Aloe Clear at the London beauty show and it was one of my best buys! I sold the 7 bikini savers (6ml) within 3 days. 2 of the ladies that purchased were so happy with the results that they asked me to buy the larger 60ml rollers. I placed another order which arrived quickly (4 x 60ml and approx 10 bikini savers again) I have since sold all of these and about 2 weeks ago placed a bigger order which again I have selling well!
The results I have seen with my intimate waxes clients and the feedback I have received has been amazing!
I would defiantly recommend Aloe Clear.
Angela x

I purchased some of the Aloe Clear at the London beauty show and it was one of my best buys! I sold the 7 bikini savers (6ml) within 3 days. 2 of the ladies that purchased were so happy with the results that they asked me to buy the larger 60ml rollers. I placed another order which arrived quickly (4 x 60ml and approx 10 bikini savers again) I have since sold all of these and about 2 weeks ago placed a bigger order which again I have selling well!
The results I have seen with my intimate waxes clients and the feedback I have received has been amazing!
I would defiantly recommend Aloe Clear.
Angela x

That's great feedback!
Are your clients using it twice a day every day to see the results?

I recommend that everyone first applies it 24 hours after I have waxed them, then for those that have a bad case of ingrown hairs I recommend that they roll over the area affected morning and night until the hairs comes through or clear up! my clients tell me it's usually within 72 hours if not before!
Those that have only the occasional ingrown, again I advise that they apply 24 hours after being waxed and then over the area if they see a problem hair.
Aloe Clear maybe able to advise you further but this has helped with my clients.
Angela

Hi Angela
Firstly thank you for the endorsement, it means far more from a salon owner who has purchased than anything I can say!
As to application, because Aloeclear is far milder than other ingrown hair products, being far lower in "drying" alcohol content, it can be applied straight after waxing. This will still sting a little though! After the initial tingle there will be a cooling action and redness is greatly reduced and skin is moisturised.
On our packaging we say apply twice a day which is a generalisation, but more severe cases can apply throughout the day as often as is required for maximum benifit. In particular for stubborn pre-existing ingrown hairs, often repeated topical application with a convenient 10ml roll on is very effective.
Hope this helps!

PS, we still have plenty of Bikini savers to give away, please pm me with an address to send too if you would like one! If we have run out of free allocated stock you will go top of the list for the next giveaway, next month.

Thanks for sending the sample Jonathan, looking forward to receiving it and trying it out.

Thanks for the sample, great product

Just received a couple of samples of Aloeclear. I may also have a look into Perron Rigot's aftercare as I already use their wax and their customer service always great.

Latest posts

Back