Ingrown hairs after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips of how to prevent them/treat them.
Cos i have one and its quite painful? is there anything i can do for it?? xx

Moisturise and gently exfoliate the area. You can than usually get the critter to poke through and using a poited set of tweezers get the little blighter lol!

thanx jen i'll try that!! its driving me mad!! xx

Tendskin is also a great product for this.

You do need to get it out if its not too deep.Id only do this on myself but i hold a needle over the gas flame to sterilise it and then get it out with that.After waxing you must always exfoliate and moisturise every few days especially if you are prone to ingrowing hairs.If you use a mitt then make sure it is always hot washed so its not harbouring germs i prefer to use scrubs or just salt or sugar in a bit of olive oil with a drop of teatree.

Moisturise and gently exfoliate the area. You can than usually get the critter to poke through and using a poited set of tweezers get the little blighter lol!

I agree, Get it out ASAP !!

My boyfriend had one & for ages we thought it was a spot on his face, on close inspection it turned out to be an ingrown hair, i managed to get it out with tweezers but hes been left with a small dent in the side of his face :eek: which im assuming was caused by the hair as all i had to do was pull on it didn't have to go digging around or anything !

This is a very interesting thread, I had a bikin wax nearly 2 years ago. at the time there was a spot that bled alot, it's not the first wax I'd had, but the first bleeding. for a few day's after it was very sore, then a lump started to apear. I still have the lump and no hair grows there any more, so I'm guessing it's an in growing hair or blocked hair duct. It's not painful anymore, but is it harmfull and should I do something about it? Any advice will be very helpful.

I have an ingrown hair on my leg wich has been there ages, like 1 and a half years if not longer! It looks like a piple, its red and raised. You can not see a hair. what do i do?

I have an ingrown hair on my leg wich has been there ages, like 1 and a half years if not longer! It looks like a piple, its red and raised. You can not see a hair. what do i do?
If you cant see a hair it may not be there anymore and you may have scar tissue or a little sebacious cyst you are unlikely to find a therapist that will dig around trying to find it to get it out i only ever remove surface ones that come out easily with tweezers.Ive dug around for my own before now and made a right mess and still havent got deep enough to get it. More often than not it works its way out again on its own even after years a bit like if you get glass in you.If its very sore or keeps getting infected it needs to be treated by a Dr or surgery nurses can often deal with things like this.

If you cant see a hair it may not be there anymore and you may have scar tissue or a little sebacious cyst you are unlikely to find a therapist that will dig around trying to find it to get it out i only ever remove surface ones that come out easily with tweezers.Ive dug around for my own before now and made a right mess and still havent got deep enough to get it. More often than not it works its way out again on its own even after years a bit like if you get glass in you.If its very sore or keeps getting infected it needs to be treated by a Dr or surgery nurses can often deal with things like this.

That is very help full, I posted a reply on this thread, and your post have been very helpful to me thank you.

thank you for all your help.

Hi i use a tcp antiseptic ointment might sound extreme but the next day theyv gone i find i put this on straight after been wax and my skin is fantastic the next day,although the tcp ointment is hard to find iv managed to find a place that does it, its used to treat vaginal thrush so its safe to put on ur bikin area it feels a bit warm when you first put it on but the next day the lump as gone, its fantastic and only £1.20

Hi i use a tcp antiseptic ointment might sound extreme but the next day theyv gone i find i put this on straight after been wax and my skin is fantastic the next day,although the tcp ointment is hard to find iv managed to find a place that does it, its used to treat vaginal thrush so its safe to put on ur bikin area it feels a bit warm when you first put it on but the next day the lump as gone, its fantastic and only £1.20
Are you sure you can use tcp ointment for vaginal thrush.It hasnt got anti fungal properties has it? ive only ever heard of canasten.

yes its an ointment and it states on the tube u can also use it for anal itching, i was amazed when i came across it i was like tcp oh my god but when iv used it its amazing i have only seen it in one location in dewsbury but cant get it any were else. i put it straight on my skin after being waxed and its amazing im just going to go and check the instructions

hi yes sorry its not for vaginal thrush, but for piles and pimples etc so you can put it on the area if its safe to put on ur bum it must be safe to put on ur bikini area although i put it all over my bikini area my skin is absolutley fine with it but might not be the case for someone with sensitive skin.

I still think its fantastic

Besides regular exfoliating and moistsurizing, I get suggest a product called PFB Vanish. It isn't quite as harsh as the Tend Skin, and it contains salicylic acid which is great for exfoliating.

Besides regular exfoliating and moistsurizing, I get suggest a product called PFB Vanish. It isn't quite as harsh as the Tend Skin, and it contains salicylic acid which is great for exfoliating.

I second the PFB Vanish - it doesn't dry the skin as much as Tend Skin and is gentle enough to even use on the face (I use it to help with ingrown hairs after shaving my beard). As well as salicylic acid, it also contains the AHA's lactic acid and glycolic acid, so has a very effective multi-exfoliation effect.

Plus it comes in several sizes, so you can try the small size for a few quid before investing in a full bottle (which also makes it ideal for salon retail!).

Can you tell I'm a fan...? :lol:

Andy x

Latest posts

Back